Tuesday evening, I sat on the short couch, ripping off my velcro leg wraps, and peeling off the support stockings that trap my feet 23 hours a day. Farmer H was kicked back in the recliner in only tighty-whities, having just returned from his own shower. He rotated his ankles, admiring his feet. I hate feet, but Farmer H has amazingly tiny soft white feet.
"I got my monthly pedicure today."
He said as I was dealing with my snaggle-y toenails that grow like horse hooves, with the right big toenail still trying to fall off.
"That's nice. I'm happy just to let my feet breathe for an hour a day when I have a shower."
"I noticed when I went in the shop that their sign was dangling. While I was in the chair, I heard sirens. Then the fire marshal came in, and said, 'We can't let you stay open with this sign hanging. It could fall and hurt someone. It's a hazard. So you'll have to close until it's fixed.'"
"Huh. I hope they get it done in time for your next appointment."
"When I come back through later in the day, I seen that the sign was fixed. So they didn't waste no time. They had that area under it blocked off before, so people couldn't walk under it. But I can understand why they got shut down."
Farmer H leads a charmed life. The Universe is not going to allow him to miss a monthly pedicure.
Sirens and a fire engine for a hanging sign? Wow. I don't think that would happen here. Probably more likely that a council member would stop in and give them a timeline to get it fixed, like 24 hours. It is good they had the area fenced off.
ReplyDeleteRiver,
DeleteI don't know if it was an actual fire engine, or the fire truck like they use for EMT stuff. The siren does seem a bit dramatic.