The scratchers have not been kind to me lately. That's understandable. One day a couple weeks ago, I won $346. Notably, it was $200 on a $10 crossword from the left machine at 10Box. AND $100 on a $10 crossword from the right machine at 10Box. The same day! Plus a couple of good winners on $5 tickets. When I win other places, I tease Fave by telling her about my "new best friend," the left machine at 10Box.
Still, I don't hold it against Fave if she doesn't give me big winners. I prefer to buy my tickets from her, because she gives off a good vibe. Other people must think so, too. On Friday, Fave had a story.
"I only won $5 on the tickets you gave me this week. I actually didn't scratch them until this morning. I was too excited last night. I sold a $500 winner to a guy, and he gave me a $50 tip! That really surprised me. I didn't expect him to do that!"
I'm not surprised. People who play the lottery all the time tend to remember who gives them luck, and like to spread it around a little bit. I do it in the form of tickets, because I know Fave likes to play them. But if I won a BIG jackpot, I'd make it sprinkle a little bit for Fave.
That's some more of the kindness that floats out of that Mansion in Missouri. Ranee
ReplyDeleteRae,
DeleteYou can never go wrong by being kind. It doesn't even have to involve money. I don't see why some people can't just be nice. It's FREE!
I am smiling now with happiness for Fave, it's such a good feeling to be kind and receive kindness in return.
ReplyDeleteRiver,
DeleteI was thrilled for her!