Friday, September 4, 2026

I Guess I'll Survive (Part 4)

It shouldn't be so hard to get a prescription filled. Here it was, Wednesday, and I'd been trying since the previous Thursday. Even Farmer H, with his poor communication skills, should have been able to explain what was needed, and gotten results by now. Surely Mrs. HM, a former VALedictiorian, with a 28-year teaching career, should have been able to convey her information successfully.

WEDNESDAY cont.

I finished washing my dishes. I did not run to check the phone. I can only take so many disappointments in a week. It was probably just junk email at 7:29 a.m.

But no! I saw the email was about a new message in YourChart! Which meant I had to rush back to the kitchen, because I can't get logged in and then go back to that screen on my phone. I'm sure it's a phone glitch, heh, heh, and not user error.

Once HIPPIE got warmed up, I read the most beautiful message:
_________________________________________________________

Hello Mrs. Hillbilly Mom,

The medication renewals below were approved. Please check with your pharmacy to determine when it is available for pickup or delivery.

The following prescriptions will be filled at MY CLINIC Family Care Pharmacy - Bill-Paying Town, MO.

Toprol XL 25mg extended release tablet

Thank you for using YourChart.
__________________________________________________________

I could hardly contain my glee! I was getting it! I was getting my prescription that I need to live! FINALLY, after a week of chasing it.

I called The Pony to set a pickup time to ride over to Bill-Paying Town. I mainly wanted the company, and a spare driver in case I began feeling dizzy. Or in case T-Hoe succumbed to the 100+ degree heat, I'd have The Pony to organize our rescue. We planned for 2:00.

And then I got a phone call at 12:55.

2 comments:

  1. "and then I got a phone call at 12:55" Uh-Oh, this does not sound good, though I am happy to be able to comment again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River,
      Another hurdle for my aching knees to jump! I am glad that comments are flowing again. I had tried to leave one on your blog for a couple days, but at least I knew I wasn't the only one with comment problems.

      Delete