Friday, July 29, 2011

Floor Chicken For China

We asked Farmer H to bring home Chinese food tonight. I was in my basement office when he arrived with the goods. Normally, the boys wait for me to put theirs on plates and dish up their sweet & sour sauce.

I went upstairs and found the #1 son already plating his food.

"I am so proud of my little boy! He can get his own food now."
"Looks like I won't be needing that wife so soon after all. I can order take-out from my dorm room."
"Uh huh. The dorm room without a stove for you to not cook the eggs you don't have."
"Actually, there IS a kitchen on each hall for every four suites."
"Is there a fire extinguisher?"
"Ha ha."
"Hey, what was that?"
"Chicken. I've got it. Mmm."
"Now you're eating floor chicken."
"Five second rule."
"PONY! Come eat!"
"Don't let him change the channel. I've been watching the evening news every night before The Simpsons comes on. Did you know there are children starving in China?"
"Yes. I think I've heard about that."
"Well, I had no idea what was going on in the world."
"That's because you've got your nose in a computer all day."
"You're giving him all of that?"
"I'm sure you'll take back what he doesn't eat."
"No. Dad will walk through here and ask if he's done, and he'll take it."
"We don't want food left on the plate. Children are starving in China, you know."
"I'll be happy to mail them what I don't eat."

2 comments:

labbie1 said...

LOL Does that sound familiar! Fun in the mansion!

Hillbilly Mom said...

labbie,
Yes. I take pride in my kitchen floor. You can eat off it. Because there's so much food.