Friday, December 4, 2020

Kind Of Like A Village Missing Its Idiot

It looks like we'll be having a Geniusless Christmas this year. So sad, to look forward to seeing Genius for the holiday, and then NOT.

He said he hasn't decided for sure. So I guess I'll send his gifts directly to him, rather than have them sent here for the mailbox thief to nab. At least he isn't alone. He has his roommate Friend with him. 
 
Last year, they planned a ski trip a couple days after Christmas. They flew here, and then home from their ski chalet, heh, heh, or whatever you call it. So I knew to mail gifts to Pittsburgh ahead of time, since they couldn't get them here and take them on two flights. Except I'd get a text from Genius, saying he didn't remember ordering from such-and-such company, and did I send something.

I have that problem solved! I will have gifts sent there, addressed to either Genius or Friend, depending on who it's for, and I will include a MIDDLE INITIAL OF C, for CHRISTMAS! So they'll know to put it under the tree and not open it until Christmas.

I'm kind of a genius like that.

In response, Genius said that would be fine. And also, "You don't have to send us anything." And he included a HEART emoji!!!

"I will dip into my meager retirement funds to provide trinkets for the rich."

"Lol. Again, that's why you don't have to."

"I'll do as I please!"

Sometimes, you gotta put those young whippersnapper future-millionaires in their place.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I'm sure that even a Geniusless Christmas will be fun. And you have Farmer H, so you WILL have a genius in attendance...

River said...

Hey! When my kids tell me they don't need anything at Christmas, I listen! Then I spend the money on their birthday gifts. It is a lot easier for me to only get them each one gift per year and personal; birthdays are more special than Christmas in my opinion.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I beg to differ on your perception of geniusness! We don't even know if we're going to Christmas Eve festivities at the home of my sister the ex-mayor's wife. I guess half of the attendees will still have their immunity! I'm just not keen on being in an enclosed space with a dozen people.

***
River,
Sweet Gummi Mary! That reminds me, Genius's birthday is next Saturday, and I meant to get him a card today. Oops! I guess that means another trip to Country Mart. No way am I going inside the Devil's Playground!