Wednesday, April 8, 2020

No Good Heed Goes Unpunished

Mrs. HM tries to live her life as if everything is on the record. Her permanent record. With the current county and statewide Stay-At-Home-Down, she has been compliant. Heeding the government orders. Overly compliant. Only leaving the Mansion ONCE in the past week, to drive a mile down the gravel road to Mailbox Row.

You'd think that Even Steven would reward her efforts. Perhaps have a favorite movie pop up on the DISH channels. Have Farmer H bring her a surprise 44 oz Diet Coke when he's out helping OTHER PEOPLE. But no. No such reward has appeared.

In fact, Mrs. HM's life has gone to Not-Heaven in a proposed handbasket!

Not only has my penny-searching, scratcher-purchasing, and magical-elixir-swilling been curtailed, but MY CELL PHONE DIED!

I can't text The Pony about IRONY, nor receive updates on his isolation in Norman, Oklahoma. Now I don't even have a way to take pictures of my Sweet, Sweet Juno and (formerly known as Puppy) Jack, with an occasional view of that ungrateful Copper Jack.

My tax returns were done and filed in two days time. That should account for Even Steven brownie points. But no.

Surely something good will come my way soon...

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I guess you'll have to reuse old photos of Juno, if you want to post something about her...

We were without electricity for a little over an hour earlier in the week. On Monday! I missed some of "The Voice" because of it. The horrors! ;)

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I am quite content right now, but if my died …. I would just curl into a fetal position on the floor of my closet and cry.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
My fear has been NO ELECTRICITY! I made Farmer H get some gas to have on hand if we need the generator. At first I misread that you missed some of THE VIEW! I couldn't feel your pain. I haven't really liked The View since Rosie O'Donnell was on there. I preferred the early years, when Babs herself was on there to rule with an iron fist, before all the screaming over each other.

***
Kathy,
I was near tears myself, and I'm not even attached to my phone all that much. My biggest worry was communicating with The Pony, and depositing money for him.

River said...

I hear your pain, but you are drowned out by my backdoor neighbour, who woke up about a half hour ago and hasn't stopped her loud complaining since. I don't dare ask what's wrong, I did that once before and got an earful of how badly off she is, everything hurts, nobody cares and so on and on and on and on...such a drama queen.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
How dare someone think they've got it worse that I do! Unless she has a hole in her leg, no phone, and her internet is down, I will remain the center of attention until further notice!