Thursday, October 22, 2020

M' Nugs And M' Nug Sack

Remember my FREE coupon for four chicken nuggets? I used it Wednesday at Burger King. After the girl in the drive-thru speaker was done interrupting me, I said,

"And I also have a coupon for four free chicken nuggets."

"Okay. We can do that for you. What is the number code?"

"I don't see any number code. It was stuck to my bag last time I was here."

"Oh! Is it a RED coupon?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Pull around to the first window."

I handed in my card AND the red coupon, through the window in the clear plastic tub she extended. No cars ahead of me. No wait. I pulled right to the pick-up window and got my MEDIUM Diet Coke, my Whopper value meal, and my four FREE chicken nuggets.

 
Don't let them hurt your eyes! Heh, heh! Hurt your eyes, LOOKING FOR THE NUGGETS! They are hiding, all four of them, down in a paper sack used for small fries.

I offered them to The Pony, but he kindly turned them down, seeing as how they were not much of a meal. I saved them for supper. Along with the Ponytail Guy's sausage.


Nothing to write home about, but enough to write a blog post about. They were generic, fried-tasting, some kind of pressed chicken. I was planning to dip them in a little packet (or two) of tartar sauce that The Pony and Farmer H had left over from their carry-out Captain D's feast the other day. 
 
Unfortunately, when I pulled the lid off, it didn't look right. Then I noticed the paper lid on the other little tub said KEEP REFRIGERATED, and was puffed up. The Pony had set them on the counter by the stove, near the heating vent in the floor. So much for refrigeration over the past six days!

Still... they were FREE! The nuggets, I mean. Not the tartar sauces. Which were also free, but were not consumable at this juncture.

2 comments:

River said...

I tried the nuggets from MacDonald's once and believe me once was enough. They're designed for children so of course they are small, but I wasn't keen on the pressed chicken part. I suspect it is all the unusable chicken bit put through a mincer and held together with some sort of glue, hopefully edible not the industrial type.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The only good thing about the McDonald's nuggets is that SOME of them are white meat chicken. At least from my memory. You wouldn't know until you bit into one.

These BK nuggets had a bit of a different batter. The only compliment I can give is that they were salty. No sign of any white meat. Definitely pressed minced chicken. It reminded me of those little cubes of gray chicken in frozen Banquet Chicken Pot Pie. Or in Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup.