Monday, December 5, 2022

The Test That Served No Purpose

You may recall that Farmer H was told to stop taking his potassium pills by the rumpus-implant doctor who pulled out a lingering half-stitch, and prescribed an antibiotic, although stating that Farmer H did not have an infection. This was on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Farmer H was also instructed to get a blood test to check his potassium levels because the antibiotic could make it too high.
 
Of course Farmer H's doctor office/lab was closed that Friday. So he couldn't get his blood test until Monday. The day before his prescribed course of antibiotics ended.
 
This is Sunday, December 4, as I type this. Farmer H has heard nothing from anybody about his potassium levels from the blood test. Oh, and he started taking his potassium pills again on Wednesday, because the rumpus doctor told him to take them again when the antibiotic was over.
 
Somebody(ies) dropped the ball. Good thing Farmer H didn't keel over from excess potassium levels.

3 comments:

River said...

Your lack of complete health care continues to amaze me. Clearly their only real care is for their bills getting paid, not for the people who pay them.
Glad Farmer H didn't keel over though.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Are you asking yourself why YOU are the only one who can see the obvious and simply take care of it? Welcome to the club. Tomorrow will be one week with the flu and if he asks me one more time which f#@$ing pills he should take I will not be held responsible for what I do. His new surgery date is the 12th and he is already whining about his lot in life. After almost 50 years you would thing he could read my mood better and just leave me alone!
I might be a bit out of sorts.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That's certainly how it seems. Always pushing for tests, but you have to hound them to even get results. At least Farmer H is not paying the $731 a month for insurance premiums like I do. I'm almost old enough now to get on his program!

***
Kathy,
I swear people have no common sense these days! I think you should be awarded a medal for keeping HeWho alive in spite of himself! That said, I can understand his moaning about the upcoming surgery. I would do the same. But at least I follow medical advice! Sorry you have the flu, with the added task of tending to HeWho.