Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Dinner Theme Song

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of an Easter treat
Some deviled eggs went out today, their ultimate fate to meet.

Twelve of those eggs had olives on, but four were olive poor
To please a certain ex mayor, for olives he abhors
Olives he abhors

Two years ago he ate them though, the olives that he hates
Because he could not pick them off, and lay them on his plate
Lay them on his plate

He spied the naked deviled eggs, "I see you left some plain."
Then picked one up
With olives on
Before the prayer...
He ate it.
Like it was good.
Then we had one less, for olive folks,
My plans simply in vain

The audacity of ex mayor man, to ignore his naked eggs
After I made them special for the one who crybaby-ly begs

So next year when I put olives on each and every one
Don't look at me and wring your hands, "Oh dear, what have you done?"

You'll get no more of my plain eggs, those heady days are through
Learn to pick or acquire a taste, these olives are for you.

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I'm surprised that wasn't picked up the national stations.

The horror! What would Lovey and Thurston have said, if they had been at your gala, and witnessed the travesty that took place?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I, too, am shocked (SHOCKED) that my pilot was not picked up by a network. Lovey and Thurston might have wanted those unwanted olives for dry martinis.