Monday, January 2, 2017

Just Another Block In The Jenga

The guys who frequent the Mansion (and by that I mean Farmer H, The Pony, and Genius...it's not like I'm running an Old West bordello here) are not the only ones who are practicing to be Jenga champions. While they concentrate on the wastebasket, I am more comfortable in my own domain: the kitchen sink.


Don't go thinking I let that many dishes pile up. Oh, I have before, but not this time. They're just bulky. Underneath are the big square glass bowl I used for my 7 Layer Salad, and some Hillbilly Tupperware that were once Chinese takeout containers. I'm all about re-purposing, you know. Like, for instance, those green containers that my best ol' ex-teaching buddy Mabel used for gifting me some delicious homemade chocolate covered cherries. I see no need to throw them away just because they're marketed as "disposable."

My counter and table are usually more cluttered, but I haven't had a lot of time to junk them up since the holiday. On the table is a plate of evening snack for Puppy Jack. Oh, don't worry about Sweet, Sweet Juno. Her plate is obscured by the Sink Jenga. In fact, SHE has TWO slices of Domino's cheese pizza from last Thursday. And the bigger half of the cake slice that I divided before washing the plate.

So sad, removing The Pony's treats from my kitchen. So final. Such a reminder that he's gone for another 6 months.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about missing The Pony's mess; you'll always have Farmer H!!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Oh, don't you think it'll be closer to five months? More like May than June? You know those college kids. They get out earlier than regular school folk... which you are no longer part of.

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
Yes. The gift that keeps on giving!

***
Sioux,
It may be longer! He had talked about the study abroad program at Oxford.

Maybe you'll have snow days, and have your school year extended! A double-edged sword, carving free days into your calendar, and plopping them onto your end-of-the-year schedule.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

So sad that you are lonely for your little Pony! I have just the solution! You need another puppy! Puppies make everything better. Really they do!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
NOOOO! Puppy Jack is all grown up. I can't start over again so soon! Jack is already leaving home to play with Copper next door.

Your new Eddie is adorable. That sock sweater suits him!