Thursday, December 7, 2017

Baiting And Switching Mrs. Hillbilly Mom

The Devils Playground is up to its old shenanigans again. First I was baited with tasty Great Value Sugar Free Cherry Limeade. It's great when added to my daily 44 oz Diet Coke. Now that I've been fully hooked, and reeled in, it disappears! Smoother than a near-retirement magician losing a lady out of the audience.

I looked and looked for it on the powdered drink mix aisle. Where it was supposed to be was an empty box. All around it were flavors in plastic tube boxes that LOOKED like my magical elixir additive, but were not. They were other flavors in the same color scheme. Like Strawberry Kiwi.

WAIT A MINUTE!

Just to the left of that empty space was a new kind of plastic tube box. What's this?


It was my old friend, Great Value Sugar Free Cherry Limeade! In a newly-designed package! Mostly white, not red and green like cherries and limes.

Of course I bought it. Even though I still have a few of the old ones at home, because they were becoming harder to find, and I didn't want to go without. Of course I opened the new package when the old one ran out, because I COULD! It's not like my powdered drink mix will go bad and expire after two years! Not even Valentine chocolates do that! I hope.

So...the new Great Value Sugar Free Cherry Limeade has a bit of a different flavor. It tastes more lime-y and less cherry-y. That's my opinion, anyway.

It may have a psychological basis, what with the LIME being more pronounced than the CHERRY on the new package.

5 comments:

River said...

To me, Cherry and Lime don't seem like two flavours that would mix well, and I sure as heck wouldn't be adding them to coke, but I'm kinda fussy about things like that. And I don't drink coke. You might be right about the Lime being more prominent, cherries are more expensive to buy, to grow, and if there's a hail storm that damages half the cherry crop they could be harder to come by. Of course they may be using artificial cherry flavour, so there's no excuse then for the lime being prominent.

Sioux Roslawski said...

If you began a letter-writing campaign, perhaps they would switch their formula back to the original...

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
They actually work together. I used to like a different drink that was strawberry kiwi, but I can't imagine putting it in my Diet Coke.

***
Sioux,
I kind of like the new formula. One of the few times you'll ever hear Mrs. HM make a positive comment on CHANGE. It's much better than that atrocity they called the "New Coke."

Anonymous said...

If it tastes good, just keep drinking it (until it, too, disappears)!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
Disappear????? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!