Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Even Though Her Head Was Bare, Everyone Could See That This Little Gal Had An A$$HAT

Coming out of Orb K on Saturday evening, I could tell it was prom night somewhere in Hillmomba. This was the third dressed-up couple I'd seen.They were entering as I was leaving.

Since I believe in following the unwritten laws of Hillmomban society...I keep right as I'm entering or exiting. Just like our traffic lanes. Keep right. It looked like this couple also obeyed such laws. So I didn't for an instant think the dude would hold the door open for me. Not because it was obvious that he was a Millennial or the generation which comes right after them. But because I was on the RIGHT side, going out my door, and he was on his own right side, coming in the other door. But sometimes, folks will see you coming out, and step back, holding that door for you to walk out.

Dude was all done up for prom. Fresh haircut, the sides razored, wearing a white tux jacket. His gal was in a shiny, royal-blue, long dress with a bejeweled silver halter kind of top. Her sandy hair was swept up on one side.

Dude did not open the door and stand back for me. No big deal. I wasn't expecting it. What I DIDN'T expect was the dickish behavior Dude showed his date.

HE WENT IN AHEAD OF HIS DATE, AND DIDN'T EVEN POP THAT DOOR OPEN EXTRA FAR FOR HER TO SLIP IN AFTER HIM. HE LET THAT DOOR SLAM RIGHT IN HER FACE.

I felt kind of bad for that little gal. Her date seemed like a real prima donna. And I don't mean that Dude was a chief female singer in an opera company. I mean that he was:

A very temperamental person with an inflated view of his own talent or importance.

2 comments:

River said...

Makes me wonder if his mum ever told him about polite little things like this. If she did, the fault is all his. If she didn't the fault is all hers. On the other hand, this could have been an arranged date and he didn't really want to be there.

Anonymous said...

How rude!!