Monday, May 28, 2018

Holiday Hot Dogs

It's Memorial Day, when we here in Hillmomba honor our fallen veterans. Seems like these days, most people honor them by throwing a barbecue and consuming mass quantities of beer. Farmer H and I don't normally go all out. He wanted to grill some hot dogs yesterday, when it fit into his busy Storage Unit Store schedule. We had no actual plans for today.

I made my daily trip to town, to pick up some fresh hot dog buns, having only three left at the Mansion, and 2 bratwursts plus 6 hot dogs from yesterday's grilling. I was drenched with sweat by the time I carried in my buns. And additional purchases of chips and a small seedless watermelon. The temperature was 90, with no wind, and 50% humidity. Which feels like 99, if you use the heat index calculator, or 100, if you use the chart.

Two out of three dogs greeted me, and they seemed to feel pretty hot.


You never know which view of Jack you're going to get. Or if he'll be in the frame at all when the phone camera finally snaps.


My unofficial dog, Copper Jack, has gone from being downright distrustful to acting all coy. He was dripping buckets of saliva from his tongue, but I didn't seem to capture it here.


Snuggles the tuxedo cat, Jack's clandestine hump buddy, seemed to be taking it all in stride. And by stride, I mean laying around all limp and insouciant, in a set of shelves Farmer H thinks belong on the porch, while he considers putting them on his side of our walk-in closet in the master bathroom. I guess Snuggles realizes how appealing he is to Jack. It's kind of hard for Jack to hump him when he's laying on the bottom shelf.

 You don't know how hard it was to stop myself from calling this: H*t Bl*ck P*ssy. It wasn't the fear of accusations of political incorrectness that but the kibosh on such a witty title. It was the fear of a flood of PR0N hits to my supersecret blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can Farmer H build a shelf big enough for you to fit into? It looks like the kitty's cool in there!!

Sioux Roslawski said...

It's not just hot and black. It's hot, black and white... which means it would appeal to a larger circle of preverts. (Yeah, I deliberately misspelled it to lessen the frenzy that might ensue otherwise.)

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
Oh, I'm sure that could be done. As a bonus, I'm pretty sure Farmer H would wall me up inside without even a cask of Amontillado. He would be doing himself a favor, not helping ME, who I'm pretty sure he's trying to kill.

***
Sioux,
Well, look what the old h*t bl*ck p*ssy dragged in! Long time no banter, Madam! Have you taken up professional football? I ask, because surely you have a head injury if you're doing me a favor with deliberate misspelling.

River said...

If I had a set of shelves that were intended for a walk-in closet, there's no way I'd be leaving them on a porch at the mercy of the weather. They'd be safe and sound INside, probably already in a walk-in closet. 90 is pretty hot, but the 50% humidity makes it so much worse.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Well...you're pretty much a normal person. Not Farmer H.