Wednesday, March 13, 2019

That's A Croc!

Farmer H is always having stuff given to him. Not because people feel sorry for poor pitiful Farmer H. Nope. Because it's faster and cheaper than driving to town to the landfill or the church store. Farmer H takes all donations. He treats it like a job. Of course he comes up with some great stuff. Things he can use for fixing up his $5000 house. But every now and then, he gets rid of something.

I know! Do you need smelling salts? Hope you didn't slam your head on the floor, or dislocate a joint on the way down.

Last week, our back-creek neighbor Bev gave Farmer H some stuff she didn't need. He had gone over there to fix something. Not an official job that she'd pay him for. Just something neighborly, a gadget that didn't work. Perhaps one of her far-fetched protection machines to keep the bad energy away. Anyhoo... Back-Creek Neighbor Bev rarely lets Farmer H get away without some token of her appreciation. This time, it was mostly clothing and kitchen items.

When Farmer H mentioned it, that he was taking some stuff to the church store (and no doubt using the trip to also SHOP at the church store), I told him to get a picture of the stuff, and count it.

"We can use that for tax purposes next year, if we itemize. Charitable donations!"

Here are the not-very-good pictures. From the BARn. I was hardly able to distinguish what was there. Oh, and Farmer H said he didn't take a picture of EVERYTHING. But he kind of sent me a list. Now all I have to do is put that in with this year's tax documents, so I'll see them next year, and remember.


That's some Tupperware, by cracky! But what I'm most interested in is the picture that follows.


Those are CROCS! Not just your everyday Crocs, but WINTER CROCS! Fur-lined! I'm sure somebody who shops at the church store will be ecstatic. They look brand new. Not that Farmer H told me about them before they were gone. I don't even know the size.

A Croc is a terrible thing to waste! I'm sure they will go to a good home. Rather cheaply.

5 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Here, let me give you some useless items to show my appreciation! Happens to me, too. I have about 3 big bags of stuff I have eliminated from my kitchen so far. I am on the last set of lower cabinets and can see a light at the end of the tunnel. A tiny light, far, far away ...

yevisha said...

ahh winter, fur lined and nearly brand new crocs. now you are talking lol

River said...

Fur lined crocs! Just what I need for around the house this coming winter. I wonder if we can still get them here? And by them I mean the genuine crocs not the cheaper rip-offs, sorry, copycats.
That's some excellent Tupperware.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Heh, heh! You need your own Storage Unit Store. Farmer H loves the free junk, because even if he sells it for 50 cents, that's pure profit!

***
River,
I didn't see any Crocs, but I did find a link for the rip-off copycats that seemed to get good reviews.

https://www.carolwrightgifts.com/womens-fleece-lined-clogs/69520.cfm?clicksource=min_0800_200400

It would be a travesty if those Crocs Farmer H gave away were your size! I wonder if any of the Tupperware was originally bought by Bev from Farmer H, when he had that lot from his storage units.

Hillbilly Mom said...

yevisha,
Yes, it's that time of year! Maybe Back-Creek Neighbor Bev was doing some early spring cleaning.