Saturday, April 20, 2019

Oops! I Cut It Again

You know what's worse than getting a little cut on your fingertip? Getting a little cut on your fingertip that you don't know about until AFTER you wash your post-Devil's Playground hand with Germ-X.


There's my fingertips, all squooshed up against the nubby center of T-Hoe's steering wheel. If you've been reading my not-so-secret blog, you know that T-Hoe's door handle broke. Then broke completely OFF!

I was injured during the interim, fiddling with the metal latch inside the door frame. I didn't feel pain at the time. It must have been the rush of adrenaline!

Anyhoo... I came out of The Devil's Playground and removed the black knit glove I had stuffed into the clicky-loop metal thingy on the body of T-Hoe. That's what kept the door from unopenably locking on me while I was shopping. Once inside T-Hoe, I did what I always do as soon as I have left The Devil's Playground: washed my hands with the mini bottle of Germ-X that I keep in my purse.

YOUCH!

That's when I saw the cut. Still fresh. Still oozing. Smarting from the alcohol component of the Germ-X. You will be pleased to learn that I was able to survive the drive home, even making a few more stops along the way.

Let the record show that my dirty, dirty index finger was in that condition AFTER the Germ-X. Which is not to say that Germ-X is not a good product, only that T-Hoe's grime must have been grease-based.

Once I got home and gave the dogs a snack and carried in my groceries, I washed my hands at the sink with foamy soap given to me at Christmas by my sister the ex-mayor's wife. I did not feel any pain from the cut, and was able to remove the greasy residue, with scrubbing.

Alas! I had forgotten all about my cut until I quartered a lime for my 44 oz Diet Coke, and squeezed the first section into my foam cup. Since it was already burning fiercely, I figured I might as well finish squeezing the other three quarters. It couldn't hurt any MORE.

Please don't betray my confidence and use this photo to steal my fingerprint...

4 comments:

River said...

I'm pretty sure fingerprints cannot be stolen via photograph. Any FBI agents out there feel free to correct me if necessary.
I have a different brand of your Germ-X and that's how I find my minor cuts and scrapes too. I rarely use it anymore as the fumes can set off a coughing fit from my poor damaged lungs. The one tiny bottle I do have is left over from my working years and still is about a quarter full. Or three quarters empty. Yet still effective and I've been retired six years now.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Good to know! I don't need my identity compromised.

I'm surprised how long my mini bottles last. I'd say maybe about a year, being used at least once a week after The Devil's Playground. Funny how I don't feel compelled to use it after Country Mart or Save A Lot, unless the checker is hacking up a lung. I don't know why I think their carts are not as germy as The Devil's.

I don't use much. I don't want it dripping all over as my hands heat it up. While teaching, I'd go through a giant bottle of Germ-X, with the pump spout, every quarter (9 weeks). The students were not so conservative in their usage. And I had 100 of them a day.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Could be time to start driving the A-Cad, to avoid injury!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I have trouble letting go. And I haven't mastered the radio in A-Cad.