Friday, October 18, 2019

Crises, Crises, Everywhere, And Not A Drop To Drink

Mrs. Hillbilly Mom will need to restrict her fluid intake while out on the town. As in every Friday, when she mails the boys' letters, fills up T-Hoe with gas, and withdraws the weekly cash allowance from the bank. Especially on those Fridays when she also stops by the credit union to deal with The Pony's college finances, or tacks on other errands.

I used to stop by two Casey's on my outing, to mix up the scratcher selection. One is currently being remodeled. I knew that. I'd been somewhat avoiding it, but gave it a test run on Thursday, when I had to run over to Newmentia for insurance purposes. It's right at the turn-off on my old route.

WELL! Good thing I didn't need to use the facilities!

Here's an old picture, that I took to show that penny. In the background, you can see the bathroom doors. Women on the left, Men on the right. When I stopped by there Thursday,

THERE WAS ONLY A MEN'S BATHROOM!

Seriously! That has to be a mistake. Women need a bathroom way more than men! Those men can just stand outside between the cars! I'm sure a few of them have done it.

Anyhoo...the former Women's bathroom now has a sign that says MEN'S. And the former door of the MEN's bathroom now has a WINDOW in it! It's a little square window, about face-high. Like on the old doors to the kitchen area. To see if someone is coming from the other side.

No matter where I looked, I did NOT see a WOMEN'S bathroom! How is that possible? No sign. No arrows. Nothing to indicate that such a rare unicorn exists. I didn't have to go at the time, so I didn't ask about it. I just made a note-to-self not to stop there for a couple weeks. I used the bathroom at the Sis-Town Casey's instead, after making a stop at Newmentia, the post office (gotta mail that DISH bill as soon as I get it), and the credit union.

I am still curious about the missing bathroom.

4 comments:

River said...

I'd be curious about it to find out right away, I'd be stepping into the nearest shop and asking where is the women's bathroom now located? It seems ridiculous not to have one.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'm sure they have one. I just can't imagine WHERE. Maybe they'll eventually be moving the Men's as well. Most Casey's have a hallway where the restrooms are side by side. This used to be a different store that was bought out by Casey's. It has NOT been an improvement.

River said...

You need to find out where before you might need to use one. It's no fun hobbling around with crossed legs looking desperate.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I am counting on it being apparent when renovations are complete. Until I think they're done, I won't go to that Casey's.

I can count on the Sis-Town Casey's bathroom, and the Hardee's out by my bank. Or the Hardee's by The Gas Station Chicken Store. So I'm never more than 10 minutes away from the facilities.

There's also Burger King, across from The Devil's Playground, if The Devil's bathrooms are unavailable. It's just that this Casey's is in The Devil's Playground area, and easier to pop into than it, or Burger King. Still, I go to town after taking my medicine, so I have to stop drinking for a couple hours, or plan my stops.