Monday, October 14, 2019

More Excitement At The Gas Station Chicken Store

I hit The Gas Station Chicken Store at just the right time on Saturday. A few cars were out front, but inside, only one lady was paying, and then it was only me.

The Bearded Guy Clerk greeted me, and we made small talk about my $50 winner. As I was selecting two tickets, and he was counting back my profit, that Lady Customer returned.

"What do you do if you lock your keys in the car?"

Bearded Guy Clerk looked at her. Befuddled. How do you answer a question like that? He said, "I don't know. But Man Owner might. There he is now..."

Heh, heh! Man Owner came up front, totally unaware of what had been suggested.

I said, "I'm not sure he wants to be known as someone who can get into a locked car!"

Lady Customer said, "I locked my keys in my car, and now I don't know what to do."

MO: "Oh, I don't know how to get into a car. Do you have somebody you can call?"

LC: "My phone is locked in my car."

MO: "You can use our phone."

LC: "I have AAA. I can call them."

MO: "Oh, yes ma'am. They'll come unlock it for you."

LC: "My card with the phone number for AAA is locked in the car."

MO: "I have AAA. Here. I'll look up the number for you."

He went under the counter. Not like LIMBO. There's a section that lifts up, like a bridge letting a big ship into the harbor. He laid the landline receiver on the counter, and typed the AAA phone number into the adding machine sitting there (TGSCS is old-school, I tell you!). Just so she could see the number, instead of him reading it off to her.

I didn't stay to see how the issue was resolved.
I had a 44 oz Diet Coke that wasn't going to drink itself!

3 comments:

River said...

I remember the day my ex-the-1st locked his keys in the car. He called me and I had to leave work, go home on a bus, get the spare keys and get back on a bus to go and find him in some deserted parking lot where I'd never been before and didn't even know existed. I was so furious that I didn't even bother to ask what the H he was doing so far from anywhere we usually go. In hindsight it was probably something illegal or a meeting with a secret girlfriend. So he drove me back to town, said he had somewhere to be and could I get myself home from there (town). Of course I could, I'm not stupid. But you get some idea of why he is an ex, right?

Sioux Roslawski said...

My car had to be towed recently, and I had to wait an hour and a half for a tow truck from AAA. Even though it took extra-long, I had my phone (I played a word game for most of the time) and for part of the time, my husband was with me (it happened in a wretched neighborhood) so the time passed by quickly.

AND the tow truck guy was the most professional, thoughtful and thorough AAA guy I've ever encountered... so much so that the next day, I called AAA and bubbled over and gushed about him.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, I think I'm getting the idea. And I knew you weren't stupid, even before hearing you could find your way home from town.

***
Sioux,
I'm glad your AAA experience brought you such joy!