Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Public Enemy Number Zero Is Thwarted Again

Sweet Gummi Mary! I can't catch a break. In the past, I've mentioned, here or there, how the dead mouse smelling post office would cheerfully hand over my packages to my mom, who didn't even have the little orange postcard notice, or the same last name as that on the package. Not that they ever asked her for ID. Yet when I'd run in to pick up my very own package, brandishing the orange postcard notice, they wanted to see my driver's licence! Perhaps word of that epic photo was making the rounds back then.

Anyhoo...I also revealed that my own bank of 25 years questioned a CASHIER'S CHECK from my credit union right up the road, saying that a call to them revealed they had not cut me that check ten minutes previous.

Also...I shared the lengths I went to trying to order The Pony a new phone online when we visited him in Norman, Oklahoma, even though I'd put a travel notice on my credit card. How we had to go into an actual store to do the transaction.

Well. Today I found out that TheDevilsPlaygroundDotCom WOULD NOT ACCEPT MY CREDIT CARD for a $30 purchase of a toddler work station!

Seriously! How is it that people are having their identities stolen all willy-nilly, yet I CANNOT EVEN USE MY VERY OWN CREDIT CARD FROM MY VERY OWN HOME? My credit card that I've had for at least 25 years. Maybe 30. And pay off in full each month.

Sheesh! Yet another reason that I have no faith in a cashless society.

4 comments:

River said...

A Toddler Workstation?
Is there something you're not telling us Grandma Hillbilly?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
It's for HOS's baby, who just turned ONE several months ago. He likes tools, and this has a little hammer and pegs to pound into the workbench. It's recommended for AGE 3 and up, but Farmer H wanted it. I told him he'll have to warn them about the small discs (hollow in the middle) that hold the items on a pegboard (as shown in the package photo). Since they managed to raise HOSS to AGE 10 without letting him choke, I'm pretty sure it will be okay.

msj09027 said...

This was for 3 and up-

https://thedieline.com/blog/2016/12/14/the-hilarious-fake-packaging-of-the-fisher-price-happy-hour-playset

Perfect hillbilly gift!

msj

Hillbilly Mom said...

msj,
Heh, heh! That would have been perfect for toddler Genius, had I only known back then that he would turn out to be such a connoisseur of spirits.