Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Mrs. Hillbilly Mom Is The New Chuck Norris

I don't claim to be super-human. I don't possess extraordinary strength, or exceptional bravery. I'm neither feared nor revered. However, I DO have something in common with Chuck Norris. I'm a bad-rumpus in my own particular way.

Yes, Mrs. Hillbilly Mom is SO IMPORTANT and FAMOUS that... wait for it...

TIME AND TEMP CALLS HER!

It's true! Sunday, at 4:40 p.m., the house phone rang, and my caller ID showed TIME and TEMP!


Heh, heh! But they didn't even leave me a message telling me the time and temperature. How helpful is THAT? It's not. I guess somebody is scamming the number. Looks like if I'd answered, I would have gotten an earful from a political robocaller.

Election today. Good thing I didn't answer and find out which candidate was robocalling...


6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Oh. I thought you were going to tell us you have skin like well-tanned (and ancient) leather... just like Chuck Norris. I thought you were going to tell us you can do a roundhouse kick... just like Chuck Norris. I thought you were going to tell us you starred in an awful series and even horridly sang the theme song... just like Chuck Norris.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
You overestimate my abilities, Madam. I can't even shoot a rifle, like Chuck CONNORS!

River said...

I thought you were going to tell us you'd kick-boxed someone off your property, or away from the creach.
Election day? must be a state election, the big one isn't until November, right? When the big orange one hopefully gets released back into the wild he came from?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I WISH! I haven't opened up a can of whoop-rumpus on anyone.

Yes, it was the primary election, to choose candidates from both parties to run against each other on November 3. State governor, and local representatives, and county coroner, and a state health care issue.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Maybe it was a call with an offer to help with your student loans ...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Heh, heh! We DO get those loan calls, despite never having had a student loan. I suspect this one was a political robocall. I made a note of the last one, and REFUSED to vote for that candidate, and also persuaded Farmer H not to vote for him! We were researching the four candidates in that race, and I said, "Welp! We only need to look up THREE of them!"