Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Smack-Down At The Gas Station Chicken Store

Never a dull moment at The Gas Station Chicken Store! I was in there Tuesday (you know why!), and chatted with the Woman Owner as she was training a new cashier. I was the only customer in the store. 

I'd cashed in my winning scratchers, and New Cashier was ringing up my new selections and my 44 oz Diet Coke. Woman Owner pointed out a new ticket, which was actually a VERY OLD ticket, which the lottery office was trying to do away with, but still has a top prize left. Woman Owner expounded that they gave a few stores, which sold a lot of tickets, the option of selling these remainders. She jumped at the chance. 

Anyhoo... while that conversation was going on, a Dude walked in, stood to the side of me, looking over the register, waving a $20 bill.

"I just want twenty on pump two."

Ooh! The temperature dropped about 20 degrees in there, despite the fire shooting out of Woman Owner's eyes! She would have been great as a teacher. That was pretty near a lethal stink-eye. Dude shut up with a quickness.

When she finished her sentence to me, Woman Owner glanced back at Dude, and said politely, "I can help you over here at this register."

Heh, heh! You'd best mind your manners if you bop into The Gas Station Chicken Store when Woman Owner is manning the counter. She runs a tight ship.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Too bad that man probably left the gas station without learning a lesson. I imagine he'll continue acting like an a$$hat, despite getting a near-lethal stink-eye.

River said...

I like the sound of Woman Manager, she knows what she is doing.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I'm pretty sure you are correct. No gold star on his paper. That one wasn't going up on the refrigerator. More like his cheat-sheet got tossed in the trash on the way out, nothing learned. It was a waste of an exemplary stink-eye!

***
River,
She is a harsh taskmaster. Sometimes her husband, Man Owner, is visibly shaking if she's behind the counter while he is running the register!