Saturday, June 5, 2021

Like The Inmates And Lepers Before Him

Farmer H must have lost his mind. He bought something for ME at the auction last week, and also something for the Mansion. Not only was he thinking of others, but he spent his own money!

My surprise was a bag of animal cookies. I've shown them to you before. They weren't in a box or labeled package. Just an opaque plastic bag. Like a cereal bag that comes inside a box. 

Anyhoo... I was pleased with the thoughtfulness, AND the tasty treat. Farmer also bought 3 cans of pineapple chunks. At least they were in a regulation can with a picture on the label. Not in a Solo cup, sloshing around all willy-nilly. I first thought he'd gotten them for The Pony.

"Oh, The Pony loves pineapple!"

But the look on Farmer H's face plainly said that he'd gotten the pineapple for himself. In fact, he had plans to let the cans live on the kitchen table until I evicted them.

"Oh, so those will go in the pantry."

"Well. My hands are full right now." 
 
Said Farmer H, having absolutely nothing in his hands, having set down the cans oh pineapple, and the bag of cookies that I refused to take when he stuck them in my face. Why do guys DO that? Anything they don't want in their hand, they stick in your face to get rid of it. Like a wrapper from candy, chewed gum, a program from graduation, ANYTHING! Like we are walking wastebaskets!

Anyhoo... there was also an item that was larger, and rolled up, that Farmer H had under his armpit. He unrolled it and placed it on the kitchen floor, in front of the door.
 
 
Yes, like the inmates before him, running the asylum, and the local leper, running the colony... THE NUT IS RUNNING THE NUT HOUSE! 

Farmer H put that rug on the INSIDE of the Mansion. I would presume it belongs on the outside, to wipe your feet on, just before stepping over the threshold. At the location Farmer H placed this rug, you are LEAVING the Nut House!

It's the little things, people. The little things...

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

And look at that rug--there are four nuts. One to represent each of your family members.

Here is a Joni Mitchell song about being nuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iisYw0epV_Q

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
That's a little too jazzy for me. Does that mean I'm nuts? Aside from being represented on an auction rug...

I prefer "A Case of You," which I only heard in the movie Practical Magic, starring Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, and my very special Goran Visnjic (of ER) as the bad guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YuaZcylk_o

River said...

I love that mat! I know exactly where I'd put it too, but the resident nut there wouldn't appreciate it, since she really is NUTS.
I love pineapple too.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Heh, heh! I suppose that mat could be a triggering kind of gift.

If Farmer H knew your preferences, he would probably buy stuff for you, too! Getting it there would be another matter, since we can't even get stuff sent one state away. My phone bill check has never cleared, and I've had two new bills since then!