Promises made, promises broken. That should be a plaque hanging over our front door. Once again, Farmer H has reneged on his promise to get repairs for T-Hoe. You'd almost think he's trying to kill me in a rolling deathtrap, with a withered hand that can barely grip the steering wheel.
For months (all summer, I think) T-Hoe's gas tank has been loathe to accept weekly gas from the Casey's pump. Any pump, really. Because there's some clogged filter thingy that won't let the gas tank breathe while gas is going in. T-Hoe regurgitates that gas after a few seconds of pumping. It takes a very slight compression of the pump handle, held steady, to force in gas for about 30 seconds. Then you have to let the gas soak down in again. And re-commence lightly pumping. It's such a lengthy production that The Pony was still pumping after I had walked into Casey's, bought scratchers, used their bathroom, and walked back out. I am not a fast walker.
Anyhoo... Farmer H had said he was getting an appointment with Mick the Mechanic. That he would sit and wait for T-Hoe to be done, so I wouldn't have to drive SilverRedO or A-Cad to pick him up.
That plan got postponed because Farmer H had to make a trip to Illinois for SUS2.5 merchandise. And also lunch with his buddy he took along for the ride.
The next week, Farmer H had to deal with the load of free kitchen stuff from the rich guy's remodel. Also, he had to re-do some things on a SIDE JOB he hadn't told me about.
When I pushed for a day when T-Hoe was going to get filtered, Farmer H sang a different tune.
"I don't know about Mick. I think I might just get an appointment and take it to the Chevy dealer over in Sis-Town. Mick said he didn't know how long it could take. He said maybe 4-5 hours."
I'm not sure that's the truth. Last time Farmer H backed out of the Mick appointment for the Illinois trip, he just said that Mick wasn't sure he could be done by 10:00 a.m. Of course I don't want to pay for 5 hours of mechanic labor, IF that's the actual truth.
So far, Farmer H has made no appointment with the dealer. I told him I guessed he would just have to meet me in town once a week, so HE could be the one standing there for 15 minutes trying to put in half a tank of gas. He replied that he needed to make an appointment...
8 comments:
You and /or The Pony have a lot more patience than I do. I would hound my husband until it got done. The first time it puked back and got gas on my clothes or shoes, I would be yelling like a mad woman. When it comes to certain things I do not want to wait and I will insist it get repaired and if there is any doubt, I would have him take it in and pump the gas. Sometimes firsthand experience is more affective. Come on Hick. Do the deed. Get it done. Ranee
I just told my boyfriend this! Saying something and not getting it done is very frustrating! Gals get their hopes up!
Rae,
Some battles require more strategy in order to win the ongoing war. I have to consider my skirmishes that involve the generator, the rotting boards on the back porch, and the infestation of metal wagon wheels on the front porch. At least there was a minor victory last week, in getting the broken shards of a ceramic Indian swept up from the front door threshold.
jj,
I know! I had been thinking for weeks: "This will be the last time I (or The Pony) has to fight this gas tank." At least I'm not thinking that anymore...
That last line reads like he thinks he needs to make an appointment with you, ha ha. Once again I am astonished at his lack of care for you and T-Hoe. I REALLY want to smack him upside the head and then take care of T-Hoe myself, make an appointment, get the car there, bring it back home with EVERYTHING fixed that needs fixing. How can he spend so much time on everyone else and ignore your safety.??
River,
Aww... thank you so much for your support! You are officially my designated upside-the-head smacker! I suppose Farmer H takes me for granted, thinking I will always be here to warm up food for his supper, pay all the bills, and provide him with sugary snacks. UNTIL T-HOE BREAKS DOWN AND I'M STRANDED!!!
He REALLY needs to reconsider his priorities.
River,
It's not for my lack of TELLING HIM! He always denies putting other people first. I must not know nothin'!
Post a Comment