Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Speaking (Or Writing) Of The Spy-ers...

I was not surprised last week when we got a particular piece of junk mail. It was a cardboard ad for a seminar. We get such things often, usually for Farmer H, concerning hearing aids. He never goes, but somehow those dirty, dirty spy-ers must have heard me yelling daily at him, often ending with: "You need to get hearing aids!"

This ad was not for hearing aids.


Heh, heh! It's for a PEE seminar! I got a chuckle out of that. Especially with it coming during the time The Pony was getting an ad for talking about spinny chairs. I didn't know if this ad was generated by me writing about Farmer H's pee issues from his "prostate roto-rootering" surgery, or from our phones listening in on when Farmer H was talking about his pee issues after the surgery.

Anyhoo... here I was, chuckling over this pee seminar ad, getting ready to send a picture to The Pony and expose another dirty, dirty spy-er. Then I looked at the address, to see if it actually had Farmer H's name, or just said Resident, and could have been a mass mailing.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that it was addressed to ME!

I don't know what that's all about! I guess it could have been from my writing, or from my phone listening in. Which reminds me, I don't think I've shared this with The Pony yet.

4 comments:

jj said...

LOL! Will you be going? :p

Hillbilly Mom said...

jj,
I won't be going to the seminar. I can't comment on the other type of "going," lest I be bombarded with ads from the dirty, dirty spy-ers!

River said...

Hah! This reminds me of the time I received a poo-testing kit in the mail, (we get them free every two years once past a certain age) did the two day collection thing and was about to send it off when I noticed the address on it. It wasn't mine!! It was addressed to my older son who uses my address for his mail because thieves steal mail in the area he lives in. i texted him and he said to just throw it all away.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That's hilarious! You almost mailed in counterfeit poop!