I was careful not to stretch the skin and re-open the wound. I cut along the gauze on three sides, then pulled it back, and watched to make sure the tape removal did not stretch the hole area. What I discovered was that simply peeling off the tape left mini holes in my papery thin old lady skin!
Still, the bandage was off. The wound could breathe.
It didn't look too bad. Still an oozy place that hadn't covered over. It had not stuck to the gauze, which was basically dry, with only a tiny trace of blood on the underside.
I was careful not to bump the arm, or let any clothing get caught on it. Left it open overnight. Postponed my shower on Saturday morning, due to not wanting to disturb that wound or get it wet. It looked pretty good to me on Saturday afternoon.
Starting to close up. The area around it looks like it has taken a beating, but that's just a little bruising, most of which was there before, from grocery bags. Is it just me, or does the healing hole look like grape jelly?
Anyhoo... I left it uncovered for town. I don't like subjecting people to such a gory sight, but they have no business scrutinizing my body anyway!


4 comments:
I suggest not using that tape anymore since it tears your skin, apply gauze and wrap cotton bandage around the arm instead. I have never seen a wound heal so messily, like grape jelly.
River,
First I'll have to get some cotton bandage. It's a jagged, triangle-shaped hole. I suppose it has to fill with SOMETHING as it heals from within. That's a really thick scab. At least the oozing/bleeding stopped.
Looks good, no signs of infection. Get a roll of cling bandage and just put tape on the bandage and not your skin. You need it covered so you won't accidentally lose the scab.
Kathy,
I DO need to get some of that stuff. Farmer H only volunteered Liquid Bandage, saying "That will really burn." For town yesterday, I tried a bandaid that SAYS it has no latex. Just to see if that will work without the itching reaction.
Post a Comment