Sunday, June 10, 2012

Prometheus, Schmometheus

The Pony and I went to see Prometheus today. I know. It's rated R. But he IS 14 now. And it's not like it's a pr0n movie or anything. A few bad words. Some violence. Okay. A LOT of violence. At least it's not like when my sister the mayor's wife took the #1 son to his first R movie. Which was a little picture show called THE HANGOVER. Yeah. I haven't quite forgiven her yet.

I recommend Prometheus if you liked the Alien quadrilogy. Because I definitely see this as a prequel. But I won't go giving away any details. I'm no spoiler. You'll have to look elsewhere for this party's pooper. But please note that this movie is over two hours long. It didn't seem like it, though.

Oh, and we saw it in 3D. But that was not impressive. Save your money and go to the first show of the day at the cheap price. At least if you are only able to attend AMC Theaters. Like us.

Don't get me started on AMC today. Seriously.

3 comments:

Chickadee said...

What's up with all the 3D movies lately? Gosh it seems the last few years all the movies have to be in 3D. I've seen a few now and honestly, I wasn't impressed with any of them.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Doesn't AMC stand for Always Mewling Customers?

So the prices of a large popcorn means you have to take out a second mortgage on your house? Big deal. That salty, butter-flavored stuff is an integral part of the movie experience...

So the kids sometimes run up and down the aisle during the movie, and the fifteen-year old movie bouncers do nothing? Stop your bellyachin'. Kids need to get more physical exercise. Don't discourage them.

So the people in front of you/next to you/behind you are talking loudly on their cell phones during the entire movie? They paid for their ticket just like you did; perhaps they called in sick to work and are handling some job matter via the phone? Do you know what the unemployment rate is these days? Lay off them, so they can keep their job.

I am holding my breath in anticipation; I cannot wait to hear about your experience with AMC...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Chick,
Sometimes I'm impressed, like when the movie was made specifically for 3D. But this was just an afterthought. A way to make more money, perhaps.

******************
Sioux,
Be careful what you can't wait for, Ma'am. You'll only encourage me.