Monday, January 5, 2015

That's How Mrs. Hillbilly Mom Rolls

I returned to work today. A bit reluctantly. All in all, things turned out better than I anticipated.

I didn't think so at first. No sooner had I printed out my new semester rosters and taken attendance than two missing persons who had declared themselves MOVED three weeks before the end of the semester came waltzing in, textbooks still in hand, and joined my class load.

On the plus side, another rebounder had been removed from my class list, hopefully having himself declared persona non grata from a couple of previous courses, thus freeing up his schedule to grace the same section taught by Arch Nemesis. Fair is fair. Spread the joy. Share the wealth.

At lunch, upon notice of an impending faculty meeting after last bell, one lunchie announced that he had athletic business to attend to. Another lunchie stated that he had a practice to run. And a third lunchie declared that her presence was required at Basementia or the world would stop revolving, spinning slowly down to die. At that very moment, Mr. Principal was called away from the table by support staff for some pressing engagement. As he made his exit, I called after him: "I will be at that meeting, and I am LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!"

Yep. Mrs. Hillbilly Mom is a gold-star employee. When they made her, they broke the mold.

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

You're less than a gold star and a half... because you're only there for less than a year and a half.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Only 87 days plus one year to go!

Wednesday I go to my retirement seminar, you know. It's SO HARD not to lord it over those young whippersnappers at the lunch table.