Thursday, September 15, 2016

Juno Had Better Not Get Wind Of This

I apologize to my loyal readers. I know I have gone to great furlongs to whip this deceased equine, but Farmer H has done it again!!!

Tonight, right after I had put his meat loaf and roasted vegetables in the oven to warm them, expecting him home in 15 minutes...he called to say he was just leaving! Seriously? Did he not know at 4:15 he was not leaving? The time he leaves on a normal workday? Do you think he was standing in the other plant and saying to himself, "I'm on the way home right now. Yep. Gonna be there at the regular time, eat my warm supper, and head out to a game I plan to attend."

NO!

Farmer H knew at leave-time that he wasn't leaving! So what did he do? He waited another 15 minutes, giving Mrs. HM time to ready his supper and pop it in the oven so it would be 15 minutes overcooked, and THEN called her!

But that's not what has gotten Mrs. Hillbilly Mom's goat tonight. Let him eat limp veggies and leathery meat. No, it was what he did after eating that rankled Mrs. HM.

"Okay. I'm done now. I'm going to give Juno the rest of my meat loaf."

"WHAT? There's half a piece left. And you LIKE the end."

"Well...if you want to put it back in the refrigerator, go ahead."

Oh, no he didn't! Farmer H was standing in front of Frig II. Setting his plate on the cutting block. I was way over by the sink. On the other side of the kitchen. Farmer H was between me and Frig II.

"Why don't YOU put it in there?"

"I'll just give it to Juno."

"STOP! I'll do it. WHY couldn't you, though?"

"I didn't want to get in your way."

"I was nowhere near you! You were RIGHT IN FRONT of the refrigerator!"

"I don't know where it goes."

I opened Frig II's door and reached for the blue-topped long fake Tupperware rectangular container on the bottom shelf. What's this? Farmer H's giant water bottle that he fills every night. Laying directly on top of the meat loaf container.

That man is the picture next to LAZY in the dictionary. Or maybe he's in the A section.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Limp and leathery meat? How dare you speak of such risque things and in such horrendous ways.

Oh. Sorry. You meant the VEGGIES were limp and the MEAT(LOAF) was leathery. My mistake.

Anonymous said...

Gee, I can't imagine what hole you would drop him into in the A section!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
You, Madam, must be having flashbacks to your previous profession...which gave you intimate knowledge of POP'S in Sauget. Don't blame me! You brought it up yourself at that other place I hang out.

***
fishducky,
Heh, heh! I see what you did there!