Monday, May 8, 2017

Mrs. HM And The Beautiful, Delightful, Stunning, Magnificent Penny

Monday I headed to Newmentia to fork over be robbed of hand delivery the fortune that is the Hillbilly family's healthcare insurance premiums for the next 12 months. Not that I'm disparaging Newmentia. It's the darn insurance crooks.

Anyhoo...I could have sent those insurance checks through the mail every month. But you know how the mail runs in Hillmomba. Or I could have driven to Newmentia every month to turn in my payment in person. But that's a bit of a chore. Not necessarily the drive, but the small talk both sides feel needs to be partaken of during such a task.

So...I fill out 12 checks and hand them over and let Father Time march on. If something goes awry, I can always pick up the phone and ask that my check be kept out of the extortion loop until I make a correction. Better to have them there, ready to go, able to stop the process if necessary...than have to remember to hoof it over there through the courtesy of T-Hoe's horsepowered rubber feet every month, rain or shine, to make the payment.

Let the record show that this insurance premium sum is a pretty penny. Not just pretty. Beautiful. Delightful. Stunning. Magnificent. It's the penny that could have launched a thousand ships. One might even describe this penny as breathtaking.

Let the record further show that the Hillbilly family has very few payments, other than utilities and A-Cad. And even when the young Hillbillys were starting out, their monthly house payment was 1/6 the amount of this monthly insurance premium.

That ain't right, people. That ain't right.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--If you were still working, would you have to do this?

I'm just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

Sioux, that's got to be a trick question!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Well of course not! But...I'd be WORKING! THAT ain't right, either.

****
fishducky,
Sioux is always trying to herd me back into gainful employment. She'd have better luck herding The Pony into caring about people.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Yes, someone should do something about this health care situation ....