Monday, September 14, 2026

What's Going On Here?

You never know what you might see at the Gas Station Chicken Store. Even if it's not within the store itself. Saturday I nabbed my rightful handicap parking space beside the building. Facing the back alley, I noticed something unusual. [Despite this photo giving a crisp fall day feel, it was actually 92 degrees.]


Do you see it, there in the distance? Not the building. That used to be a can-opener factory. Might still be. I know people work there, and a shift gets off at 3:00 or 3:30, which makes me wait on a string of traffic to get back on the main road.

No, it's not the building I noticed.


Why is there a truck in that big field? Was somebody joy-riding and broke down? Trying to evade the police and take a long bumpy shortcut? It's not like concerts are held there, or festivals, where cars are directed to park in that field. I don't know who owns it, but it is usually kept mowed. I'm pretty sure this truck doesn't belong.

Looks like it's going to need a tow.

4 comments:

River said...

Without the closeup I thought someone had left a boat out there.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That would REALLY be unusual! The truck was gone the next day. I didn't even see any tracks from driving or towing.

jj said...

I wish fields grew cars- I need to replace mine, lol!! How odd. I wonder if someone drank too much and just ditched it there for the day?

Hillbilly Mom said...

jj,
Heh, heh! Wouldn't that be great, if cars grew in fields? I'm thinking something was wrong with the truck rather than the driver, because the hood is up. But that doesn't mean a drunk driver didn't damage it by driving in the field.