Saturday, October 28, 2017

You Can Still Sucker A Sucker

Not only is there one of Mrs. Hillbilly Mom born every minute, but now she's TWINS. Twins born on different days, but that has been known to happen.

Remember those Gourmet Lollipops that snookered me into buying them? The ones in the bag with a little window, that I assumed contained 7 different flavors! Sweet Gummi Mary! I am such an eternal optimist a dadburned idiot!

A couple days ago, I saw those Gourmet Lollipops again. Okay. It's not like I just happened across them. I intentionally turned down that aisle, and even waited for an old lady to select her Halloween candy and get out of the way of my latest addiction.

I KNEW I could get a better package of Gourmet Lollipops than my initial purchase. That must have been a fluke, all of those Watermelon suckers in one bag. I inspected each one carefully this time. I think I went three bags deep, peering into the little window, shaking them around, making note of which package had the most of my favorites.

I FOUND ONE! A package of Gourmet Lollipops with just what I wanted. Almost. Take a gander at THIS:


Right up front, TWO of the Cotton Candy flavor! Sticking my eye to the window, I saw another! Of course I had to have that package!

Well. When I opened it up...


The contents were not as I had assumed! I still had two Watermelon. And two Wild Cherry. Two of the precious Cotton Candy. But that one swirly Cotton Candy impersonator was a MYSTERY pop! I figured it might be Cotton Candy anyway. Just labeled as a MYSTERY to make it seem like a mystery. Oh, no. It was not cotton candy.

Here's the thing. I'm not good as solving taste mysteries. Remember those PEEPS mystery flavor boxes? I was never was quite sure what kind I ate. They were good. But I couldn't figure them out. I think there should be a note inside, so people can't cheat until they buy them, but then will know what they have eaten.

This MYSTERY lollipop tasted like the candy canes I used to get the boys to hang on the tree. The multicolored striped ones. I think they were labeled as Fruit Punch. Not sure. But that MYSTERY lollipop tasted like a candy cane. And not the peppermint variety.

I was sorely disappointed in getting only two Cotton Candy and no Bubble Gum flavor. If you're a betting person, you probably shouldn't bet on Mrs. Hillbilly Mom throwing in the towel and refusing to buy these Gourmet Lollipops ever again...

7 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--I am certain they sell candy at the auctions. Why don't you have Farmer H pick up some candy for you there? It might be a bit old or a bit discontinued, but what fun it will be taking a gamble with every bite...

River said...

I'm wondering now how many more packs of these lollipops you will buy. If it was in my power, I would write to the company and make them send you a full box of just cotton candy pops.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Sweet Gummi Mary! I just stopped Farmer H from buying me Auction Meat! Now I have to dwell on Auction Candy? I'm not even going to bring it up. Because we all remember the Great Goodwill PEEP Fiasco of '15. Don't we? Because if we don't, here's a reminder:

http://unbaggingthecats.blogspot.com/2015/05/val-is-one-eyed-purple-peep-eater.html

***
River,
Thanks for having my back! I'd like to think that if I was 10 hours late arriving at the airport, you would drive 20 miles to pick me up. Or at least have a ride waiting for me.

I don't think I'm done buying those sucky suckers just yet...but admitting I have a problem is the first step.

Anonymous said...

I think River's idea is great!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
Yes, River looking out for me! Doesn't want me to get suckered again...yet wants me to get suckered!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

This reminds me .... I have three of those cotton candy suckers hidden in my sewing room!! Think I will go grab one.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Race you to it!

I tried the MYSTERY sucker from the last pack, the one I ASSUMED was watermelon. I had a little doubt, because there was kind of a faint stripe on one side. Turns out it tasted like Wild Cherry with BUBBLEGUM! I dodged the watermelon bullet!