Thursday, March 12, 2020

Three Infractions, One Store. You'll Have To Read Tomorrow To Find Out More.

Is that a dirty trick? Stringing you along until tomorrow? I think not! I'm teaching you PATIENCE! You know, I've heard that sometimes we teach BEST, what we need most to LEARN.

Anyhoo...quit your bellyachin'! You're getting two of the three infractions today.

I fear that I will have to start making my food at home, and give up on expecting fair treatment from COUNTRY MART! They sure like yanking the Charlie Brown football out from under my foot!

Wednesday, I stopped in for a few items. It helps me avoid The Devil's Playground. I think I only went there once during February! I know things cost a bit more at Country Mart, but it's not such an ordeal to go there, and I avoid picking up too many things not on my list.

I shouldn't go when I'm hungry, but there I was at 1:30, without lunch or breakfast in me. I pulled up to the deli counter, and asked for four chicken tenders. There was a new guy working, all polite, calling me "Ma'am." I also asked him for a BBQ pork steak. And here we have the two infractions!

New Guy got a foam container for the pork steak. He had the square kind, like you can put a dinner in, but without the two little sections for the sides. Sometimes they use the big foam container, sometimes they use a half-size one. The pork steaks are big, and fit better in the large container.

HE LAID THE PORK STEAK ON THE LID, AND CLOSED THE MAIN PART ON TOP.

I didn't know it at the time. I trusted New Ma'aming Guy to do it right. I didn't know until I got home that my BBQ pork steak was upside down in its container. Kind of awkward with the sauce when you peel off the plastic wrap and open it.

I noticed the second infraction right away. But of course I'm too polite to say anything. I was being Ma'amed, you see. He was a polite wrong-doer. Usually, the chicken tenders are put in a bag, smaller than the ones they use now for the 8-piece chicken.

HE PUT MY TENDERS IN A FOAM CONTAINER!

Sure, it was the half-size foam container. But still a foam container. Thing is, the chicken tenders are sold by weight. He even called to another employee to ask her about that, and she said, "Oh, she's just getting a bag of them, not a dinner?" A clue that fell on deaf Ma'aming ears. For that New Guy carried my foamed tenders back to the scale.

I know foam isn't heavy, but I'm pretty sure foam is heavier than a plastic bag. So I paid for some foam along with my chicken.

The other infraction was done by the cashier. You'll find out tomorrow...

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

The horror. Styrofoam. Upside down meaty things.

I suppose I will have to wait for the rest of the story... as I try to accumulate a trailer-truck load of toilet paper.

These are desperate times.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I'm a distraction! Allowing you to spin your own sequel to my meaty-foam faux pas experience.

I've not seen any empty shelves. Fully stocked last Thursday at The Devil's Playground, fully stocked at Country Mart on Wednesday. Can't speak for now, though. I guess I can check on it Friday, and let you know on Saturday...

River said...

Here you are trying to teach us patience when I'm trying to teach you to speak up and get your orders done the right way.
Our local Woolworths stores have notices up now informing all those who panic-bought stacks and stacks of toilet paper that there will be NO refunds. Serves them right I say. Who needs a houseful of toilet paper? At least they won't have to buy any for the rest of the year.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That might count as irony!

I've been reading that there is a shortage of TP over there. Not sure how true. I've also read that HERE we have people clearing the shelves in a panic. Yet I've seen no empty shelves, no lack of any product. Although my sister the ex-mayor's wife DID say she had trouble finding Purell at The Devil's Playground this week.

River said...

I've seen plenty of empty shelves, that's why there's a shortage and why there is now a limit to how many packs a person can buy, which doesn't stop them from loading their car then coming back for more, which is what the Chinese do with the two cans per person limit on baby formula. On our news last night I saw image of people leaving a store with trolleys stacked to overflowing with huge packs of nappies (diapers).

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
OR, they could have different family members purchase their own packs separately. It's getting worse here. Like when snow is forecast, and the shelves of bread and milk are emptied.