Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Wasted Day And Wasted Night

A few hours ago (as I type this), Farmer H reminded me that we have our annual meeting with our financial guy tomorrow. Which is TODAY, as you read this. I had completely forgotten about it. And I'M the one who made the appointment last week. We had the option of phone conference or some impossible technical thingy or in person. Of course Farmer H wanted in person. I did not. I'm sure that's why I blocked it out.

Anyhoo... good thing he told me! Now the whole day is wasted, because the only choice was 1:30. Or was it 2:30? I guess I need to call and check! I had planned to do the banking and mailing and gassing of T-Hoe. So now my plan is to drive separately from Farmer H, and pop in when it's convenient! Seriously. It takes less than 10 minutes to look over the annual report and sign the papers. Farmer H and the guy like to chew the fat. So they can have the office to themselves, and I'll only do the signing part!

I've spent a couple hours tonight trying to print Genius's weekly letter. That darn Not-Heavenish LaserJet! It never works the same way twice. I gave up and sent the job to the color printer in the workshop. I haven't gone in yet to see if I can harvest the pages.
 
The Universe is smiting me mightily. Maybe that means something good is around the bend. Or else it's post-smite for the good thing that already happened on Sunday.

 
 It was a great way to start the week. Now I'm paying for it, in a non-cash kind of way.

4 comments:

River said...

I had no idea that smiting was still happening, it's such an old-fashioned thing.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I sure felt smited. Definitely not smitten. I've had a headache all day today, over that financial meeting. First, the dread of going to it, and worrying about getting there on time after my errands. Then sitting in it for too long, trying to read the information. And now the headache has continued, defying an aspirin and 44 oz of caffeine in a Diet Coke. I might tell that tale on Friday. Maybe not.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I hate those financial things that require my presence. I usually read the documents before hand so I can just request the changes I want or simply sign for the notary and leave. HeWho seems to think of them as social events where he can "chew the fat" to his hearts content. Never thought to take separate vehicles, but I will from now on!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I'll go into detail in a separate post. Heh, heh! So you can feel like you were right there with me! I STILL have the headache.

Farmer H probably has no headache, but a case of TMJ, from his jaw being overworked chewing the fat!