Sunday, May 15, 2022

Apparently, Mrs HM Does Not Provide Enough Sweetness In Farmer H's Life

When Farmer H left for the auction Saturday evening, I asked if there was anything he was looking for. He said no, that it just depended on what was for sale. Of course he sent me a picture of his bargains.

 
I replied: "That's a lot of candy." I'm sure you would agree.

 
The brand-name Reese's candy was $17.50 for 60 bars. I'm not sure I've tried this version, called the Peanut Butter Lovers flavor. I guess the outer coating is more peanut butter flavor instead of chocolate.

 
Turns out this case of chocolate for $9.00 is also brand-name! It contains bags of individually-wrapped chocolate balls, labeled Lindt and "Nusscreme." I think it is Christmas candy, from the wrappers.

Anyhoo... Farmer H returned home and set his treasures on the kitchen table that I had cleaned off for Mother's Day dinner. It's a losing battle. He went through his pocket, looking at his auction tickets, and said:

"Nine dollars for them chocolates. Six dollars for light bulbs. Fifteen dollars for dancing Elvis. And she forgot to charge me for the Reese's!"

"You're going to pay her, aren't you?"

"Yeah. Next time I'm up there."

I think Farmer H will pay. There's been times when the auction didn't pay him all the money for what he sold. And he got it from them the next time he was there. I guess auction people are a trusting lot.

Just what Farmer H needs... more sugar in his life.

3 comments:

River said...

A dancing Elvis?
I tried Reese's Pieces once when I found them in a shop here, and they are awful! To me anyway. The texture was very dry, like peanut butter flavoured cardboard without enough peanut butter. I'd go for those chocolates though.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Are you an Elvis fan? Or will there be another shed in Shanty Town for Elvis? Maybe he should have a shed dedicated to chocolate!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
These are the regular Reese's, peanut butter cup covered with chocolate or a peanuttery coating. I think this box is half and half. I'm not a big fan of Reese's, but every now and then one is okay. The chocolates are good enough. Better than off-brand chocolate from the Dollar Store.

***
Kathy,
No, but Farmer H's brother in Las Vegas is an Elvis fan. He has sent him Elvis memorabilia before. NO MORE THEMED SHEDS! Shackytown Boulevard needs to become a dead end.