Thursday, April 13, 2023

There's Something To Be Said For Timing

I was parked at the Hillmomba Casey's yesterday when I heard sirens. A glance behind me showed a city police car coming from the Country Mart road, going past Casey's towards the direction of the dead mouse smelling post office. I waited another couple of minutes, for some behind-walkers and a car backing out, and another city police car went by with sirens. Huh. Guess it's a good thing I wasn't headed to the post office.

Leaving Casey's, I got in the left turn lane to go to Country Mart for my machine scratchers. WELP! The entrance was blocked off! Good thing I could see it from the light, and take the alternate route behind Dairy Queen.

It looked like somebody had hit an electric pole. The "pole" was now in two pieces, dangling by the wires. Some white utility trucks were working with a lift. And one police car, plus a couple regular trucks, were blocking the road there.

Looks like there was more than one calamity I avoided. That realization took away the annoyance with myself for being an hour and a half late to town.

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Some days it is nice to miss the main event!

River said...

Better late than dead, as my mum used to say.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yep! I feel pretty safe in T-Hoe, but not under a broken-off electric pole.

***
River,
That's a good saying. My mom could have cross-stitched it on fabric, suitable for framing and wall-hanging.