Several vehicles were at the gas pumps of the Gas Station Chicken Store on Friday afternoon, as I parked T-Hoe in my rightful handicap parking space. By the time I got inside, I was the only customer. Fave was looking out the front window.
"I KNEW they were going to drive off!"
"Was it this black truck? It's pulling around to park right here by the door."
"No. It was a van. It had several military guys. I owe them $18. I was afraid they'd drive off."
"Maybe they'll remember and come back."
"Well, the guy said he couldn't take cash. They pre-paid for their gas with a credit card. I said if the van didn't take it all, to come back in and I'd give them the money back. But the guy said he wasn't allowed to have money. Now I feel bad."
"I guess maybe that's the policy, so people don't charge too much gas and skim the money. So he didn't want to risk his job."
"Maybe. Now what am I supposed to do with the extra $18?"
"Leave it with a note for Woman Owner! So you don't get in trouble for not telling her."
"I guess all I can do is leave it in my drawer."
I hope everything works out. Fave doesn't need to be in trouble for something that's not her fault. Woman Owner runs a tight ship.
No comments:
Post a Comment