Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Something Has Been Eating At Me

It's my own teeth! I noticed when it happened, but I had no idea of the aftermath.

Farmer H came in Friday evening, and asked if I hurt my face. Since he was born without a funnybone, I was pretty sure he wasn't pulling that old joke where he'd then add: "Because it's KILLIN' ME!" So I said that no, I didn't think so.

"Well, your lip is all bruised."

"Oh. You mean right here? IS it? Because last night, I bit my lip inside right there. So I guess it's just showing the bruise on the outside now."

Indeed, when I looked in the mirror, it was a frightening sight. More frightening than usual!


I zoomed in close so you didn't have to bear the full horror of my scarecrow hair and wrinkly face. This is actually my left lip corner, but the phone camera reverses it when I take my own picture. It's like I'm looking into the mirror.

The Pony noticed on Saturday. We went in Country Mart that day. I went to get scratchers on Sunday. Nobody said anything to me. I'm sure they were curious. But maybe they thought I had been in a fight, heh, heh, and didn't want to take a chance on me opening up a big can of whoop-rumpus on them!

Anyhoo... it's not like I was even eating something good when this happened. Just an apple. A nice crisp red Sugar Bee apple. Oh, and since then, with the swollen area, I have chomped down about a dozen more times. No wonder it's taking a bit of time to heal.

I'm not letting it curtail my activities. Those scratchers aren't going to buy themselves.

6 comments:

River said...

I have bitten the inside of my lip a few times and just get a small blood blister at the spot but nothing ever shows on the outside. Hope it doesn't hurt too much.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That's the way it's always been for me in the past. I must have chomped extra-hard this time. I've been taking the daily aspirin for a while, so that's nothing new. It only hurts when I chomp on it again!

Hot Diggity Dog said...

It looks painful! I have mystery bruises that show up and I have no idea where they came from. I am always bumping into stuff and BoJangles will stand on my belly or upper thighs and put all his weight on one leg. he has tiny feet, but his body is hefty. I told The Patient that Bo looked like one of those big chubs of ground beef.

Hot Diggity Dog said...

Is your poltergeist back?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Heh, heh! And Bo is not even a "sausage dog!"

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
That's the only solution I can think of for the Gong Shower.