Monday, November 14, 2011

November Comes In Like A Lamb, Goes Out Like A Lion

Dang! What's up with the 40 mph winds and 74 degrees in mid-November? The weather is really putting a cramp in my Christmas-music radio-station listening every morning on the way to work.

Do you know what it feels like to spend 30 minutes on parking lot duty before school with 40 mph winds? I didn't think so. Let me fill you in.

Don't bother to comb your hair before you leave for work. Because is won't matter. Really. Unless you apply a Jim Bob Duggar dose of hair spray, your coif is going to end up looking like that blond chick on Next Iron Chef. You know. Anne Burrell. The one who looks like a female Guy Fieri.

Thank the Gummi Mary, temps were balmy. Warm, in fact. I needed the wind chill to keep from sweating. But this heat does not bode well for decking the halls. The guy across the road from my classroom was setting up his yard display. For a minute, I thought he'd taken off his shirt, the way the kids were gawking. Or that a dust devil had swirled away the Baby Jesus. But evidently, an old geezer setting up latticework is inherently more fascinating that a lesson on geologic time.

I don't think anybody has entered the First Snow Day pool just yet.

5 comments:

labbie1 said...

This is truly a weird year for sure!

I had to laugh at the Jim Bob Duggar comment and comparing Guy Fieri with Ann Burrell--They really DO favor each other! LOL Never thought of that before!

Of course it was snowing--measurably--in April this year too! Crazy....

Chickadee said...

I know! I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but it's not right having these temperatures. We don't live in Texas or Florida. Geez

Hillbilly Mom said...

labbie,
I want my winter wonderland during WINTER. The chill needs to set in soon.

********************
Chick,
Yeah. Some people are lovin' the warmth. I'm ready to snow on their parade.

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

It finally cooled down here last night. It went from balmy to chilly in a matter of about five minutes. I happened to be sitting outside on my friend's porch with her when it happened. A few raindrops fell, the wind blew a little, and it was like someone flipped a switch and we went from sweating one second to reaching for jackets the next. I'm just glad it's finally not hot. For now.

Hillbilly Mom said...

MommyNeeds,
At least I learned not to go back to Missi-freakin-sippi again in June. Enjoy your little winter while it lasts.