Friday, December 13, 2013

Equal Time For The Equine

Perhaps I've told you about that time in Little Caesar's, when The Pony was playing a game where the prize was those hard rubber boucy balls we used to call SuperBalls back when I was a kid and they probably had a patent on fun. He had already won several, and stuffed them into my hand to keep until he used up the money I had allotted him to not get on my nerves while waiting. Then our order was ready, and I had to juggle it alone, and when The Pony deigned to join me, I said, "Do you know how hard it is to hold these pizzas while standing here with your balls in my hand?" Yeah. Something like that.

Today The Pony evened the score.

We were in the drive-thru line at Dairy Queen, waiting on his chicken strips. The promised precipitation had started falling as we left home, headed for the dead-mouse-smelling post office. Just a little. Rain. Then we got a layer of something on the hood of T-Hoe. The Pony announced, from his chauffeur-driven position on the seat behind me, "I think that's freezing rain. The last time you wiped...THE WINDSHIELD...I noticed chunks of what looked like ice sliding down. Errrrr..." He slapped his curly-forelocked long face in the rearview mirror.

"Don't think I didn't catch that! The last time I wiped, indeed!"

"I know. The minute it came out of my mouth, I knew. Just drop it."

"Remember that time I was holding your balls in Little Caesar's?"

"Yesssss!"

"Now I guess we're even. What was that quote again? The last time you wiped..."

"You are not putting this on your blog!"

"Au contraire. But I am."

Heh, heh. I'll never run out of things to write about. We won't even go into Farmer H's pie today. My wiping was breaking news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last time you wiped...If your son has knowledge of that, I think it's more embarrassing to The Pony and not to you.

I think it's Val 2, and the Pony 0.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
He was mortified. In fact, he said, "How can you use my own faux pas against me?" I almost felt guilty.