Saturday, July 18, 2015

I Ain't Teasin', 'Tis The Season

It's Christmas in July!

That's right! Christmas! The giving and receiving of gifts part, not the religious origin of the holiday part.

Okay. So the receiving is just for Farmer H and The Pony, and the giving is by the #1 son, and Mrs. Hillbilly Mom is paying for it all. But still...it's Christmas! Christmas in July!

The #1 son only has two more weeks left of his paid internship with Garmin. When it ends, his 45% discount on Garmin merchandise also ends. He has been after Farmer H and The Pony for weeks now to pick out something they want. They both declare they need a GPS, but they both are reluctant to type garmin.com into a computer.

So...this morning, just as I was writing a letter to #1 to put in the mail by 11:15 and thus send him his weekly dose of Mom-love, Chinese money, and hope in the form or scratch-off tickets...he sent me a text about Garmin swag. I told him to pick something out for them and get it. He first made sure I would tuck a check into that letter for his trouble. Then he put a rush on the process and within 10 minutes had picked out their devices and sent me the total.

When I asked The Pony, upon #1's instructions, what kind of Garmin he wanted, he said, "Just a GPS. A basic one." And Farmer H doesn't even know he's getting one yet. That's kind of like the response I get at real Christmas, when I ask what they want.

The Garmins are being shipped to the Mansion in the name of #1. I do NOT plan to wrap these gifts for my directionally-challenged menfolk.

But other than that, it's just like Christmas! Christmas in July!

No comments: