Friday, July 10, 2015

T'Was The Night The Pony Returned From Boys State

Forgive me, readers. It has been 29 days since my last obsession.

You remember how strange forces seem to be at work in the confines of the Mansion? Another episode aired itself, and I've been keeping it from you.

T'was the night The Pony returned from Boys State
Nothing stirred in the Mansion, the hour was late
Mrs. HM reclined in her blue chair downstairs
All done with her blog in her dark basement lair

Farmer H and and The Pony were snug in their beds
Separate visions a-dance in their respective heads
While watching her shows that get a bad rap
HM nodded off for a recliner nap
 
When up in the living room rose such a clatter
She sat up, unreclined, to suss what was the matter
She heard it quite clearly, no mistaking that sound
Of several hard objects tumbling down to the ground

Eyeglasses on CDs, cascading in a row
Falling flat plastic, onto hard tile below
But we had no CD cases stacked up above
And no tile, merely carpet, as soft as a glove

HM gave a shiver, "Oh, not again! Ick!"
She was growing quite tired of this lame spirit's schtick
"I'll check when I go up, I'm sure I will see
That The Pony stacked junk on the table, sloppily."

She went up the steps, and the sight that she saw
Made it clear that her logic had one great big flaw
For no things had cascaded. Not one thing did fall
A wee-hour mystery. One more for y'all.

Yep. Another unexplained phenomenon. Clear as a bell, the sound of eyeglasses stacked on CD cases tumbling over the edge of the end table right at the top of the stair banister. Plain as day, in the middle of the night. Two-thirty a.m., to be exact.

This is the same area where I used to hear piles of magazines falling. One morning before school, I heard three separate stacks fall. Never did find anything out of place. The only time we found evidence was when we heard another mystery noise, and the #1 son found a game in his room that had shot off the top shelf of his closet onto the carpeted floor.

Do dee do dee do dee do dee...that's Twilight Zone music for ya!

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Something wicked this way comes...

Breathe deep, the gathering gloom...

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. (Sorry, I ran out of any kind of quote remotely spooky. But it IS a line from one of my favorites.)

There is definitely something weird going on at your house. Thankfully, Juno is there to protect you.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes, my sweet, sweet Juno is always there for me. Except for that time Farmer H lost her for six hours. Juno runs to greet me on the side porch when I leave the house. Her humanesque hazel eyes plead, "Don't go! Don't go!" She knows something is afoot, and I'm leaving her there with it! Because there's no food involved when I leave, only when I come back. So you would think she would want me to leave because it puts her closer to food later.