Tuesday, September 15, 2015

You Can Lead A Pony To The Armed Forces, But You Can’t Make Him Enlist



The Pony spent the day taking the ASVAB test. He was not looking forward to it.

“I think I’m going to take it easy on the ASVAB. I have this cold.”

“Don’t worry. Even when the recruiters start calling and trying to lure you into the military, you don’t have to say yes.”

“Yeah. But I just don’t feel good today.”

At lunch, I asked how it was going.

“Okay. It’s easy. I might have missed ONE.”

Let the record show that the test started at 8:30, I checked with The Pony at 11:50, and the test was to resume at 12:30.

I don’t think the afternoon was THAT easy for him. Not sure of his knowledge on electrical stuff. Better than mine, though.

Not that I’m planning to join the military either, of course.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Was this something The Pony chose to do, or was it something that all the students took?

And since the Calvary is no longer in force, what would The Pony do?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
The ASVAB is given to Newmentia seniors every year. They don't have a choice. They take it.

Not sure what The Pony would do. Pull a caisson over the dusty trail?

Kathy's Klothesline said...

It makes me shudder to think of my grandsons joining the military. My son is too old and my son-in-law has no sternum, making him exempt. But, I have a 20 year old grandson .....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
No sternum! That's incredible.

I have a 20 year old son. I imagine they would like to get their mitts on his brain as well. My stepson signed up before graduation. We worried for all 3 tours of Iraq. More than he worried, I'm sure.