Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Sweets For The Sweet

Oh, did I mention that February is birthday month for Mrs. HM and The Pony? It IS! In fact, though I'm not giving out dates, mine has already passed, and The Pony's is coming up.

No $3 change purse and two boxes of Sno-Caps for Mrs. HM this year! Farmer H went all out, and sprung for a six-pack of cupcakes. Let the record show that I have been sharing, and allocated HALF of them to Farmer H. Who's not supposed to have sugar, you know, but sneaks it anyway.


That's my last one. I had it with lunch today. Farmer H still had one in FRIG II, but I can't guarantee its whereabouts at this moment. Let the record show that the buttercream icing was real, and it was spectacularly delicious. Just in case my best ol' ex-teaching buddy Mabel wondered. She's quite the aficionado of butter cream.

Farmer H also got me two bags of candy. Sweets for the sweet, I assume!


You may think this looks like the best candy ever invented. Chocolate. Strawberry. Cheesecake. Truffles. Well...you may be wrong. It is not all that good. Maybe it's just my palate. But these individually wrapped morsels reminded me of those creme drops that my mom used to like. YUCK! Too sweet! Like a paste of sweetened sugar. Ptooey!

Oh, I didn't act that way with my Godivas. I tried one, and figured maybe I wasn't eating it right. So on the next one, I bit off the top part with the strawberry stuff, and it tasted faintly like strawberry. The bottom part...not so much like cheesecake. More like a creme drop. I really had to investigate further. I have two bags of them, you know. Yet the third one wasn't any better. I gave Godiva one last try, but my palate still wasn't havin' it.

Tonight, I gave the rest of the bag to Farmer H. Who seemed thrilled, even though I'd given him a selection of sugar-free candies for Valentine's Day. He seemed intrigued with my Godivas. Probably planning to sneak one from the moment he bought them for me at Walgreens. Farmer H said they are delicious.

Of course. What with his sugar deprivation. I might as well just have injected him with glucose. He has strict instructions not to overdo it. And to only eat one with a meal that has protein. Which is more sensible than the way he sneaks to Casey's and eats donuts.

Don't you worry about Mrs. Hillbilly Mom going without sugar. Farmer H got me a giant heart filled with chocolates for Valentine's Day. A giant heart for the giant-hearted, I suppose...

7 comments:

River said...

Happy Birthday!! and to The Pony too. February is/was a big birthday month here too, my Mum and Dad, both deceased now, then my two oldest children, one grand daughter and my daughter's father-in-law. Youngest son was supposed to be February also, but he held out for the cooler March weather. When my brother (finally) married a couple of years ago, my new sister-in-law joined the February line-up.
Those cupcakes, well the one you've shown us, look absolutely fabulous, so pretty. Shame about the Godivas, they look like they should be delicious, but at least you have a heart of chocolates to make up for that.

Sioux Roslawski said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday and a wonderful Valentine's Day. What did you get Farmer H for Valentine's Day?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Wow! That IS a big month for you. The Pony was supposed to be a leap year baby, but he came two weeks early.

***
Sioux,
I got him a St. Louis Cardinals gnome for his "collection," and a bottle of Wild Turkey, some bags of sugar free candy, and two losing scratcher tickets! He's 0 for 7 on the tickets lately. I'm sure you understand...

Nancy said...

Happy Late Birthday! And Happy Birthday to Pony. My birthday is the 28th, so we're all February people! My sweetie has a big flower month in February as I get flowers for Valentine's Day and then flowers for my birthday. This time the flowers I got for Valentines Day have lots of buds in them and he said the florist told him that they should last 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. Ah HA! He thinks he's figured it out. We'll see :)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Nancy,
Heh, heh! That's using his noggin'! A two-fer on your flowers this time. Happy upcoming Birthday to you! You narrowly dodged that leap year date.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Late birthday wishes to you! Sounds like you had a sweet one. I have declared that we will be celebrating birthday milestones every 5 years now that we are turning 65. We will see how that turns out!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Thanks! You might want to reconsider that 5-year thing. Only 20% of the fantastic gifts that HeWho would give you!