Saturday, July 21, 2018

I Can't Believe Medical Research Hasn't Got My Back

Let the record show that if medical research teams ever develop a total back replacement, or a back transplant...Mrs. HM wants to be first on the list!

I had JUST RECOVERED from hurting my right side butt-back while feeding the goat and mini-pony. Friday morning, I injured my left butt-back. It's not nearly as severe as the right side. I don't think there's a nerve involved in this one. Just muscle. Heh, heh! Don't you all be visualizing my MUSCULAR butt-back!

Once again, I was in the midst of a good deed when the injury befell me. Okay...it was a few minutes after the good deed. I had just finished scrubbing the toilet in the master bathroom. I sat down on the toilet to clip my toenails. DON'T JUDGE! That's where I always clip my toenails, bending over while sitting on the toilet. What? Did you think I chewed my toenails or something?

Anyhoo, I felt that twinge on the second clip. It was the little piggy that stayed home. No doubt due to a sore back, not feeling like a trip to the market, and planning to eat something other than roast beef for lunch. And most certainly the introspective type, with no intention of drawing attention to himself by squealing WEE WEE WEE all the way home.

Dang it! I'm hobbling around again, favoring the other side. It doesn't hurt getting into T-Hoe, though. And I can climb steps with moderate pain. Before leaving for town, I slathered some BenGay on that area, and turned on the backrest-part-of-the-seat heater in T-Hoe. Ooh! That felt amazing.

Of course, that BenGay had worn off by the time I stopped twice for scratchers, traipsed into the post office, withdrew money at the bank, and stopped for gas.

If it's like last time, I should be better in about 3 days. Already I'm planning on the heater and vibrator in my OPC (Old People Chair) while watching TV, the heating pad in the La-Z-Boy when I get up, and BenGay combined with T-Hoe's seat-heater for town trips.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull through.

2 comments:

River said...

I should have warned you, it's common for the other side to get in on the act, not so much a "metoo" as a parasympathetic reaction to doing all the work while the first side was out of action for a bit.
I do my toenails on the toilet too, but standing with each foot in turn on the rim so the clippings fall in to get flushed away.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Well, if you'd given me that warning, I might have worried about that happening, and been tensed up, and hurt it more. Now it hurts to get out of T-Hoe, but not getting in. Sleeping isn't quite as miserable with that side down, but on my back, it hurts equally as much. I've made it through Day 2 now. Wishing I'd just drugged myself and slept for 3 days. The heating pad I tried this morning didn't even touch that pain. I'm going back to the BenGay routine on Sunday.

I have to pick my clippings up off the tile floor. My knees object to one-legged standing.