Thursday, July 19, 2018

SOLD RAGE II: The Angering

Yes, there's a sequel to last week's Sold Rage!

Sweet Gummi Mary! I might have to look into some rage management classes. To teach them! Heh, heh! To teach other people how to have rage. Just a little rage humor there. Very little.

Disappointed with my most recent new treat of Birthday Cake Cotton Candy, I picked up some of my old standby, Original Gourmet Lollipops. OM-effin-G! When I searched for the link, I saw that THEY HAVE A BIRTHDAY CAKE FLAVOR! I've never seen one of those!

Anyhoo...The Devil's Playground no longer has those bags of lollipops with the little round window so you can scope out the flavors inside. The only place they have my lollies is in that wooden stand up front, in one of the checkout aisles. I harvested a few of my favorites, those being Bubble Gum, Cotton Candy, and Pina Colada. Nom-nom!

Here's where the rage comes in. I'll be ding-dang-donged if that Devil's Handmaiden didn't hold my first lolly by the stick, and drop it from shoulder height into the plastic bag on the metal stand! I swear, it was like she was playing that clothespin-into-the-mason-jar game at a birthday party. I heard it hit bottom. A thin layer of plastic isn't much protection. I was about to come unglued.

Seriously! I picked out the lollies I wanted, checking to make sure they weren't cracked or misshapen, and THIS is how that Handmaiden treated them???

She must have sensed my discombobulation. Or heard my patience whistle out my ears like an overheated tea kettle. Because the NEXT lolly she picked up, she set in the bag carefully. I was ready to tell her to forget it, that I didn't want them if she was going to throw them in. However, I thought she might tell me to take it and the receipt over to the service desk for a refund. Since she seemed recalcitrant, I let it slide.

Once I got home, I saw that I shouldn't have.


Look at my favorite, the blue-and-pink cotton candy flavor. That's a big freakin' CRACK in it, by cracky! I guess I'll save that one until last, and I'll be so happy that I still have one left that I might be able to overlook its deformity, and not fly into a rage all over again.

Sure, it's just a sucker. But it's an Original Gourmet Lollipop. Not a common Dum Dum. I paid good money for it, and I fully expected to take it home in the same shape as when I selected it and put it in my cart. To me, this sweet-treat abuse is akin to smashing a fist into a cake as you ring it up. I really should have complained right then, and not let her get away with this shoddy service.

I guess there's one of me born every minute...

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I think you need to write a scathing, rage-filled letter to corporate headquarters. Include this photo. And your receipt, along with a copy of this post (or at least part of it). You might get a refund or a gift card, or a whole case of your gourmet lollies.

You never know. It's worth a try.

Anonymous said...

Not scathing--write a nice letter!!

River said...

Before you eat it, take it back and show her what she did. Impress upon her how unacceptable this is, what if that lolly had been a gift for a child's birthday? And now it is broken? Make a big enough fuss and they may just give you an unbroken freebie to get you out of there.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Now that Sam Walton isn't around, The Devil's corporate officers aren't going to give a fat rodent's patootie about my troubles.

***
fishducky,
Oopsie! You must have forgotten my nature. I cannot change my spots.

***
River,
My mistake was not checking it before I left the store. They'll accuse me of damaging it on my own, probably.