Sunday, October 21, 2018

Even MORE Millennial Maligning

Of course one trip to The Devil's Playground results in more than one occasion to malign Millennials. So I had to split my maligning into two tales.

On the way out, the rain was falling harder. I know that's not possible, considering acceleration of a falling body due to gravity...so, technically, the rain was falling faster. No. Wait. It wasn't any faster. Let's just say the rain was thicker. Oh, crap! The density of raindrops per square inch had increased, by cracky! It's really hard to take the science teacher out of Mrs. Hillbilly Mom.

I held my red umbrella with one hand, and pushed my cart/walker with the other. It wasn't too difficult, since I didn't have a full load of groceries, with six-packs of soda draped all around the sides. I only had a couple big bags of Halloween candy assortments, and some beef jerky, which is not heavy at all.

As I mentioned yesterday, T-Hoe was WAY up the parking aisle. I headed straight up that aisle, knowing that I'd have to cross over to the right-hand side when I got close to T-Hoe. I saw my opportunity about 2/3 of the way there. A car on the left side of the parking aisle was backing up, and a red SUV had stopped to let it out, wanting that space. Behind it was a white car. Also, a black pickup truck pulled in above T-Hoe. Not directly next to T-Hoe. I wasn't worried about getting my door open, because I always park next to the cart return corral, making sure I've left myself enough room. The black pickup parked on the other side of the cart return corral.

With that red SUV stopped, I took the opportunity to cross to T-Hoe's side of the aisle. The backing-out car had passed me, and the red SUV was pulling into the space, with the white car behind it still held up. The perfect opportunity for slow old HM to cross.

As I was stowing my candy in T-Hoe's rear, three people clambered out of that black pickup truck. I didn't really look, but my peripheral vision identified them as a couple of blond early-20s gals, and an older female. I was not concerned with them, but in closing my red umbrella while standing under T-Hoe's hatch, and putting stuff in the back. That's when I overheard the new Millennials complaining.

"What a jerk! He waited for HER! Doesn't he care that people are getting wet out here?"

Seems that those gals had wanted to cross the parking aisle to walk down the other side, but the white car went on driving down, making them wait about 2.5 seconds until it had passed.

THEY WERE COMPLAINING THAT IT HAD WAITED FOR ME!

Which was not the case. It had waited for the red SUV in front of it to park. I guess Black-Truck Millennials had not been paying attention. Seriously! How ENTITLED can people feel? I don't really think there's a limit, where Millennials are concerned.

It wasn't MY fault, nor that of White-Car Driver, that the Black-Truck Millennials had not thought to bring an umbrella on a rainy day. Nor did I (or White-Car Driver) force them to park way up the aisle. SHEESH! I'm surprised they didn't expect White-Car Driver to give them a ride to the door. Or The Devil's Henchmen to come pick them up on a beeper cart.

You know The Devil's Handmaidens were unavailable, what with their personal lives to discuss.

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Oh, the entitled generation. I am sure they must have been relatives of my red car woman, the one with the big vocabulary of F you. Console yourself with thoughts that they will be old one day!

River said...

I guess what you are trying to say is the rain was now more Niagara Falls than a bathroom shower.
Those complaining entitled persons are just the type I like to ignore. Let them complain. I don't care. They'll be old one day and then younger ones will complain about them!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes, I'm sure they were related! Funny how these Millennial "kids" never imagine they'll be old one day.

***
River,
That's a good analogy for the rain! I'm a complainer, too, but I'm sure I am not THAT bad! Even though everything is all about ME, I can't imagine being so unaware that I'd complain about that car not waiting for me. I'm pretty sure the driver didn't even see that they'd gotten out of their truck.