Saturday, July 6, 2024

Somehow, I Expected More From Farmer H

I don't know what's gotten into me! I was disappointed by expecting MORE from Farmer H. I really need to lower those goalposts. 

On the way to town Friday afternoon, I passed Farmer H on his way home. I think his buddy, who hosts the Friday afternoon bull sessions in his garage, called that festivity off due to heat. When I got home, Farmer H was out fiddling about with POOLIO. Adding some water and such. 

When he came back in the Mansion, I offered to make him a Wild Turkey and Diet Shasta Cola, with a mini bag of chips, to tide him over until supper 90 minutes later. He accepted the offer, and went to take a shower.

My lottery scratching put me in a position to go ahead and warm Farmer H's supper about an hour later. He only wanted a previously-grilled sausage patty on bun, with leftover potatoes/onions, and two ears of corn that I put in the microwave.

Farmer H feasted, and then brought his tray back to the kitchen. Imagine my surprise when he put the two "used" corn cobs on a paper plate on the kitchen counter.

I call shenanigans! Why couldn't he walk around the counter and toss those cobs off the porch as usual??? Why am I in charge of the cobs???

I don't mind making food (or simply warming it, as he loves to correct me, forgetting how it was cooked in the first place) for Farmer H. 

I DO mind putting my hands on his saliva-laden corn cobs to dispose of them in nature's wastebasket.

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I feel your annoyance! You will find similar complaints in my post today.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes, I read it earlier, and need to sign in to my other account to leave a comment. I especially liked the description of HeWho near you while cleaning, like guarding during a basketball game!

River said...

I wouldn't have touched those cobs with my hands, I would pick up the paper plate and use that to launch them into the wild. I do agree that you shouldn't have to though.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I mentioned this transgression to Farmer H at 5:50 a.m., and he said he would toss the cobs on his way out. Yet when I went to the kitchen a couple hours later to make the banana bread, they were still on the counter! I covered them with banana peels, and did indeed scoop up the whole plate to throw them all off the back porch.