Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Two Wins And A Loss

On Tuesday, the hottest day of the year, Farmer H had to drive to Casino Town for a medical appointment with an endocrinologist. He's been there before concerning his diabetes and testosterone, but just regular referrals for a specialist, not for ongoing problems. 

His latest dealings have been over his thyroid. There were some enlarged areas on a scan a couple years ago. The endocrinologist said the plan was to keep an eye on it, and repeat the scan in a year. There was no change then. This is the second year. Again, no changes. Farmer H said if it stays the same next year, the endocrinologist is going to forget about it, since it seems to be nothing to worry about.

Anyhoo... while in Casino Town, Farmer H went by to visit his Pawn Shop Lady. She had sold one of the bicycles he gave her.

"I made $74 on it. So I took that money to the casino, and had a hamburger there for my lunch. I lost all my bicycle money, though."

Well. That's why it's called gambling. I'd say Farmer H came out ahead for the day. His doctor report was good, and he sold a bicycle. He risked his profit with some recreational gambling, and lost. Two out of three ain't bad.

No comments: