Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The Jokester Joketh

Farmer H is not known for being a comedian. Maybe an unintentional clown. The butt of other's jokes. But he does not make a habit of inciting mirth for those around him. Which in two days will be ONLY ME. I don't think I will find him particularly funny. We have precious little to talk about now, while he still has a job to complain about.

On Monday, as Farmer H was taking his poop break, and taking up space on the short couch, I told him about my latest lottery heartbreak. Yes, I KNOW that I had a big win just days ago. But, like a fisherman, it's the one that gets away that I dwell on.

"You remember that guy I was telling you about? The one with the YouTube channel, who won the $10 million on the lottery ticket he bought up by where you work? Well, last night, he said he had a big winner to show us. Not his own ticket, but one of a "friend" who didn't want to be on his YouTube. It was a $5 ticket that I buy all the time. The newest one until tomorrow's come out. A High Roller. Anyway, he showed the ticket, and it was a $20,000 winner! Why can't MY ticket win $20,000? I buy enough of them!"

"Yeah. That's how it goes."

"And just last month, some lady up there won $1 million on a Golden Ticket. I can't believe all the good winners showing up in the same area."

"It does seem kind of unusual. Well...I'm going outside. I'm not doing much. I don't want to get dirty before I go to the dentist."

Now where were we? Oh, yeah. Farmer H, going to the dentist. It's up by where he works, in the next county north of Hillmomba. Of course he couldn't pass up a chance to shop at other flea markets in Dentist Town. He called me as he started home. I assumed he was going to tell me about some treasure that he'd bought himself.

"I was up here in Jefferson County, and I thought, 'What the hell.' I bought myself one of those High Roller lottery tickets. I saw it in the case, and I remembered you said 'High Roller.' You wanna know how much I won?"

"Probably some ridiculous amount."

"I didn't win NOTHIN'! I never do. I thought I might have a chance up here, with all those winners. But I didn't win nothin'! Just like always. I can't win on those things."

"Yeah. You never could."

Gotta admit, I had a good chuckle at Farmer H's trick. He reeled me right in. I don't know why I would have even considered that he had a chance at winning something.

Still...I guess there's always hope. He DID make a joke.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Well, I'm laughin'. But it's not at Farmer H's joke and it's not at Farmer H...

Two more days.

Hahahaahahahahahahahaha.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Well, the joke is on YOU, because Farmer H will be gone all day on Friday, to a giant yard sale along I-55. So I have THREE more days of freedom.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Beware the fourth day!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
The FOURTH DAY is only about 89 minutes away! I don't know Farmer H's plans yet...