Friday, August 25, 2017

The Mansion Is No Bed And Breakfast, Nor A Bank And Supper

For those of you keeping count, X-ing off your calendar, adding pins to your voodoo doll...Farmer H has only 3 work days left! There will be more of a story concerning his final days in the future, here or there. Today we are only concerned with PORK!

Farmer H had his retirement dinner this afternoon. Okay, technically it was at 11:00 a.m. We strap on the old feedbag early in Hillmomba. Anyhoo...he brought home some of the spoils. Perhaps it's best not to use that term when discussing pork.

Farmer H said that for supper tomorrow night, he'd like a big baked potato, stuffed with the pulled pork, and BBQ sauce, shredded cheddar, sour cream, and bacon. Of course, we have all the makin's except for the potato. Which is kind of the star of the show, or co-star if you give the pulled pork equal billing, name to the left, but below the potato's upper-right position.

I only have some kind of waxy firm potato in the Mansion. Perhaps a Yukon Gold. One that doesn't get flaky or mushy when roasted with carrots and onions. You don't want a waxy firm potato as a baked platform for your pulled pork. That means I'll be going to the store again tomorrow, for about the 7th time this week. Oh, and I also need to get to the bank before it closes at noon, even though I was just there today, because (how dare he!) Farmer H brought home two extra checks.

Can you believe that Farmer H wants a portion of his own paycheck to spend on HIS TREASURES? A whole 14 hours worth of wages, for times he went in on his days "off" to help out.

Now that Farmer H is almost a full-time denizen of the Mansion, I think I'll take him on an introductory tour of the grocery store and the bank.

It's time he started pulling his own weight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you really trust him shopping & banking?

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
Uhhh...back to the old drawing board!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Okay, do those three days include Friday, the day you posted?

I just want to be straight, so on the right day I'm laughing uproariously at the prospect of you and Farmer H spending every waking minute together.

Will I be wetting my pantyliner on Wednesday or Thursday?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I'm going to call my financial advisor and advise him to take my fortune and invest it in pantyliners. The greater St. Louis metropolitan area should be advised of unforeseen flooding on FRIDAY. Because Farmer H's last three work days are Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.

However...

I might get a reprieve, because Farmer H's boss had a discussion with him, keeping the door open for Farmer H to possibly WORK ON SPECIAL PROJECTS, like a previously planned trip to Brazil!