Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Beginning Of The End

I'm getting closer. Closer to saying goodbye to my favorite old baby blue sweatshirt. I know that I said I was getting rid of it a couple months ago. That Farmer H had taken it and put it in a bag with HIS OLD SOCKS! But he took pity on me when I was sick, and needed the comfort of my soft old baby blue sweatshirt, and fished it out of that foot-horror grave. Since then, I have been reluctant to relinquish it.

It's obvious that my old friend and I must part. He's holding me back. Literally. So many times now, his left sleeve gets caught. Caught on the drawer pull, caught on by thumb, caught on my pinky finger, caught on the end of the TV remote, caught on the sink faucet, caught on the liquid soap spout.

I CUT HIM!

Sliced the bejeebers out of my favorite old baby blue sweatshirt's left cuff. No. There's not enough shape or material left to make a fashionable (1981) sweatband from that excised cuff.


It could possibly make a gently-used headband for someone with a giant Charlie Brown head.

4 comments:

River said...

You only cut the one cuff? Well, that's a start. When you cut the other one off, the sleeves will match again.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Old Baby Blue is NOT A BANDAID! I can't just rip him off all at once. I have to get rid of him a little bit at a time. I must say, this one sleeve is working out so well, I am seriously considering lopping off the other one forthwith!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

that is so sad! You might need to frame that piece in a shadow box and mount it on the wall in your lair to bring you comfort .....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
That's a great idea! I think Farmer H could do that for me. I'm pretty sure he has the raw materials laying around. The question is IF he would do that for me. Since he's the one who took Old Baby Blue and stuffed him in a bag with his old socks. I'm pretty sure he didn't do it so Old Baby Blue would have companions.